Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Summer 2015


I haven't had a summer to myself for many years. I think 2004 and 2005 I trained heavily being a competitor. In 2006 I was very sick and didn't do much, 2007 I trained very seriously, 2008 I worked and moved out of my house, 2009 I was working to start my business, 2010 I opened my business, 2011 I was training for more 4th Degree test, 2012 I was working on new projects, 2013 was a very rough summer for me, and 2014 was no better.

I haven't been on a real vacation in so long. I can't even remember. A time when I've gone and just done NOTHING. But I also can't remember a summer I really enjoyed. There was always SOMETHING! And when that something was not there, a new SOMETHING was there to take it's place. I opened my business in the summer so I was very busy and my first three summers were great. Then I had a few summers that were not great. Well this year, the summer of 2015, I didn't worry at all. It was for the first time, a good summer.

Now I didn't vacation any at all either. However, I at least enjoyed it. From May to Sept I was definitely busy. Like I've said before, my idea of hell is an empty calendar. I use every second of my time in some way. In May I spent an entire day with Sifu, went to Mike Lee's school in Florida for Battle Ready Kickboxing, and had the second Iteration of the Just Be BBQ. June I had kung fu test of my own, belt testing for my students, celebrated five years of open doors of TMAFC, and went to nationals (upcoming blog). Besides the beginning of July being nationals in Florida, I also had visited Nina in Baltimore for a weekend, officiated at the Junior Olympics in Virginia, and in I August I went to Georgia for ten days.

September hit and the first weekend I was back to work only to go back to Florida following weekend for Team Trials for the AAU Taekwondo, then had Black Belt testing at TMAFC, and then went to Tennessee (upcoming blog). Back to workshops and LBI, seminars, and October to December I am booked.

That makes me happy. I keep moving. Just this time, in the right direction. It'll almost be a whole year since I've moved TMAFC to Saddle Brook, and I have a lot of new. It wasn't a bad summer at all.

As I move through the fall, I have been extremely nostalgic. I always am. It's worse this year. But I'm okay. As I reflect on the summer I already am thinking about next year's summer. In my head the summer of 2016 begins a whole new plan of things for five years. I will do everything. But it will also require me having no summer for another five years, hahaha. But I will be soooo enjoying my journey towards my goals very much.

(BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment