Monday, January 25, 2016

Team Building with Mirrors!


Soooooooo here's the story. I had these three large mirrors that I had in my old location stored in Aunt's garage. These mirrors have been like the bain of my existence. I told Aunt Karen they would only be there for a few months. Well a few months became almost a year. Too long for my liking and I didn't like leaving them there. She never said boo about them, but I am sure she wants her garage back and I didn't want to be inconsiderate to her space. My new location has slowly but surely grown and upgraded. I fixed up the lights, the new office and healing room almost done, new mats on the way, so now it's time for the mirrors to go up on the wall!

Well I finally had someone who said they can transport them the entire mile away, until when we finally got the truck there and they were going to move the mirrors, the mirrors we stuck together from leftover adhesive. The workers didn't want to break them, understandably, but they didn't want to tamper trying to separate them.

Well ALL DAY I was calling around to different people and places to figure out if my mirrors were now useless or if there was a way to salvage them. The person who was going to move them believed to think so and told me just to buy new ones. But you know me, I'm not going to let a problem defeat me, I WILL find a solution! What frustrates me is when I don't know what it is I am looking for and/or what direction I need to go to find a solution. I ended up being able to get some kind of commercial solvent that supposedly would be able to separate the mirrors without damaging them. Don't ask me how to use it! I couldn't tell you if I knew!

Well after classes one of my kickboxers, Carolyn, my two students Heather and Thomas, Ashley from the gym, myself and Aunt Karen went to the garage to analyze the situation. Sweat, blood, and tears man. Sweat, blood, and tears. The Renaissance Woman, Aunt Karen was in perfect form! Every little tool and item that no one else would have but her that served a tremendous purpose was used! Who held the flashlight, who held the different ends, who peaked on either side, who directed where to go, who poured the solvent where it needed to go, who wrapped what needed to be wrapped, everyone stepped up!

The solvent you ask? WORKED LIKE MAGIC! As soon as it touched the glue within FIVE seconds detached! Unbelievable! We accomplished what these workers did not want to do and with success! We wrapped them tight and now they are ready to be moved! It took an ENTIRE day but we figured it out.

I couldn't have been more appreciative for the support from that little army we had in Aunt Karen's garage. I also was thrilled they got to see Aunt Karen in true form with the ideas just rolling along! But I was really grateful for this support, it was a very trying day and with their help we figured it out and was able to do what needed to be done. At one point Carolyn mentioned how she has been to corporate team building exercises where corporations make their staff members and employees do drills and ice breakers to build team skills and such. She said none of those she has been to built the team building the way we came together that night!

TEAM stands for Together Everyone Achieves More. Thank you to all my fellow team builders for your help! From Aunt Karen to Heather to Thomas to Carolyn to Ashley! (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment