Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Just Be 3!!!!


JUST BE 3! They still all came!
It was a loooong weekend but and exciting one. But the first weekend in June was in particular a very special one. Not only did I have Mike Lee Kanarek at my school for two days, but also it was my school's six year anniversary. One the exact date I had scheduled my third Just Be BBQ! This has become one of the highlights of my year.

The origins of this BBQ come from a few years ago when life just wasn't working out for me. My life was going through a major storm. Sifu kept saying to me that his greatest wish for me was to "just be". So I went above and beyond and invited all the people who were important to me in one place and we had the Just Be BBQ.

Well for something that  was only supposed to be a one time thing, it became quite the tradition each year. For me it is the only time I get to have everyone together at one time. There are people from so many different areas of my life and times of my life and we get together as one family.

But a few nights before the weather was showing it was supposed to be horrible weather and I was getting so upset, to the point I thought I would have to cancel it. I had no contingency plan and no day it could be moved to in the near future. I wanted to cry like a three year old. But then I was getting text messages and phone calls from people saying "What time is it going to be?", "What should I bring?", "DO you need anything?" And I kept asking these people "Don't you see the forecast?" And every single one of their responses were the same: SO WHAT?

These people didn't care rain or shine, they all said no matter what they were going to come as long as I was  having it. I think the best was when Dr. Mary Ellen Stiehl called  me and didn't even say hello, she just said "You know it will take more than rain, thunder storm, or tornado, or an apocalypse to keep us from coming!" That says it all, and warms my heart.
Rain or shine, everyone was willing to come!
This gathering is something everyone looks forward to all year!

We even have newbies welcomed to this event!

My two brothers and my brother's wonderful girlfriend come every year!
SO then finally Saturday night, I decided I needed to MOVE to  figure this out. I drove in torrential down pour and bought a tent from Walmart to see how it would work. I put it up in Ara's backyard to see how it would work. Then I got three more and found my solution! I figured whoever wants to  come will come, and whoever doesn't doesn't. We'll see what we get.

Well I was astounded at who exactly ended up coming. Just about every single person other than a small few made it. It was cloudy but we all got together and ate, laughed, and enjoyed. Master DeJesus and Annabelle DeJesus were there, Sensei Cara and her fiance Jen was there, Julie and her boyfriend Brent made it, Sifu and Simo, so many of my adult students in booth Taekwondo and HaganaH attended, my brothers came, it was a beautiful turnout of people.

Then my worst fears came to life for about 15 minutes. The torrential downpour and one of the tents even almost blew away! But what was  my worst fear ended up being one of my most favorite moments that symbolized  everything this event is about. Everyone stood up to stay under the tents to stay dry but everyone began to hold onto the tents to keep them down. As everyone came together to support the tents and keep everything grounded, and while everyone was holding the tents, we laughed, we shared, we talked, and we enjoyed each other's company.

With everyone's SUPPORT, Just Be was able to stay grounded and there was no storm that could ever blow away the strength of the support we have in our lives, which is where  the origins of this event began in the first place. I don't know if anyone else caught onto the symbolism, but I sure did. What was my greatest fear that day became one of my favorite moments. After that it stopped raining and was dry the rest of the night!!!
My worst fear for that day came true for 15 minutes-- it ended up being my favorite part.

No storm could take away from us Just Being and enjoying our company and laughing!

We had a marvelous time Just Being!
Thomas took out his ukulele and played a beautiful song he had written which he named "Movement is Life" which I though was absolutely beautiful and really touched my heart. William also had a duet with Thomas which was unrehearsed playing the "Lava song". And Sifu and I belted out "Lean On Me" while Thomas played while we sat around the fire!

We kept things moving no matter what, which was the theme of the year! Movement is Life! We keep our bodies moving, we are  healthier and alive! We keep our minds moving and we stay sharp. We learn the juggle in our lives and it takes mastering motion. When we keep our dreams moving, we always find ways to thrive in our lives. My gosh, if I didn't get up and move I wouldn't have figured out a solution to have the Just Be BBQ! And if everybody didn't move to hold our grounds, the BBQ would have been blown away by our 15 minute storm. And this year, we will all continue to move forward, to wherever forward is for our lives, TOGETHER.
Martial royalty walked in! Sifu and Simo looking dapper as always!

Sifu had no chance as everyone dive bombed on him to say hello! SO MUCH LOVE!

Laughing with my wonderful friend Sensei Cara dn her beautiful fiance Jen!

Some of these people only see each other once a year!

Thomas and William's duet of the Lava song!

It may have been supposed to be cold and cloudy but it was beyond warm and sunny in my heart that day. I couldn't believe how many people still came to the Just Be BBQ. No storm could ever blow away our spirits to being together. It meant so much. As I said in my speech, there has been no greater treasure and blessing in my life than to MOVE along in this life with a tremendous SUPPORT system as these guys and yet still take the time to JUST BE.....



The Rainbow after the storm!

(BOWS)
Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment