Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fall Training Deja Vu!


When I trained under my old master, I had developed a very keen sense of organization, created plans that were mapped out for years to come, and set goals for myself to accomplish, and create such systems and routines for myself through lists and calendars, it's no wonder people think I am neurotic! However, I am neurotic and proud of it ;) ! But you wanna know something? Everything I planned, I DID!

Every time I say I do something I do it. I have a phenomenal track record. People around me all have opinions of what I SHOULD do or SHOULD be doing or SHOULD be thinking about etc. Problem is, they are not ME. And of course later on, no one says boo about the things I do, especially when it benefits everybody else. I am very big on following through and my actions DO back up my words. I always have and will do my best to always do so. When people want to argue with me on something, unless they can back it up, just don't. That's how I feel sometimes.

I get that way especially when the topic or matter means a great deal to me. But these habits came out of my strict routine and vast planning, and my stern discipline I had to meeting these desires and expectations. I look at my training alone. When I think I can't get any better, I find another way! I am hapy that I am always getting better and better in what I am doing. This is a very good time for me. I feel very balanced, I have created some great plans, many in action, and I well well rounded. That makes me happy.

For the last 10 years especially, I have developed a training cyle for myself that I have always followed. I would assess January-June training schedule and routines, July-August, and Sept-Dec. I've done this for years! I organize my training cycles, change them around depending on the cycle, increase the level of difficulty, and it has taken years of practice, training, and trial/error, as well as new insights to really get them all down to a science. If I ever have a student to make it to the level I am now, I would expect them to follow suit in this manner. Standards have been created and it came through experience.

I also document. OH the documentation! I have notebooks upon notebooks, logs after logs or all my training. I still take them out and look over, use again at a later time, or change it up and make it more relevant or beneficial to whatever my goal is for teaching or training, etc. I was showing a student one of my notebooks and one of the dates was January 8, 2003. There was a drill in there that I only used a couple months ago on a Black Belt test (will blog soon). A few passages later there was a new lesson I discovered while sparring that just happened to be on my board from teaching sparring class just this past week.

So experience needs to be brought up through every detail of our lives as well as our beings. Some we have better control some we have to work really hard at. I reviewed some of my old notebooks and logs, getting ready for a new wave of improvements, changes, innovations, and goals for 2013, which is going to be an awesome year. I looked at my fall training logs and would see a pattern. Fall was always to build up of new momentum that would bring a great start in the winter.

Well, I have been very consistent so far this fall, with the exception of the recent weather interruptions we had. I see improvement, I lost 20 pounds, I feel good, and I find my mind working hard and the wheels of innovation are hitting me left and right. I felt exactly how I felt when I first got back to training after my 3rd Degree test, the fall was for my to build up and the winter just skyrocketed! That's my mission. I have skyrocket like never before! It's been a while since I've been at this point, but I am very excited for the new year.

We learn from our experiences, our habits, and the rules we place for ourselves in our lives. And it is important to follow through on these priorities in every aspect of our lives. Something like the habits I have with my training and the discipline I put into it carries over into my life. For ME, if I don't have all these things in my training, the other areas of my life get affected as well. I learned that by reflecting. I get Deja Vu just thinking about it! Just take the time to find what is important to you, give it your all, and then allow it to flow through the rest of your life!

Yours in service,
MASTER TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment