Friday, November 16, 2012

Don't Wait to Enjoy!






This past fall I have gone to see two of my most favorite Broadway shows. For the record, I love going to New York City. I love Broadway musicals. I love seeing a musical over and over again, with appropriate time spans in between. Back in high school when I was in the choir with Mrs. Verost, in my junior year we went to see Wicked. I absolutely fell in love! We got to sing in a workshop with some of the cast members, and we had a nice dinner, then saw the show.

I went a couple years later again taking my best friend at the time and his mom, and two of my closest friends Jessie and Nina. The show was fantastic. It's been about four years I think, and an opportunity came along where I got two tickets, Orchestra seating for practically nothing! I got the tickets the day of!

Wicked is probably my favorite musical of them all. The story is great, the lessons in the plot are awesome, the music is fantastic and awe-inspiring, and the show itself is funny. The characters are awesome, and the spin on the behind the scenes or before hand story to the Wizard of Oz. This is my third time seeing it. It was on Labor Day.

But my most favorite part and always has been since the first time I saw it is the last scene of the first act. The song is called "Defying Gravity." The words alone, I absolutely love and relate to. The "witch" Elphaba takes flight for the first time to escape the wizard and every time I hear the song, I get goosebumps. Watch the video here, you'll love it! The talent is still phenomenal after all this time!

(TURN YOUR VOLUME UP!)
The second play I saw last month was The Phantom of the Opera. I have seen this play FIVE times! I first saw it as a birthday present from my godmother, the second time was with Mrs. Verost and the choir at the 8,000th performance!; again with Jessie, Kenny, and my friend Kristyn; then my mother and brother and I went, and now again! And each time I see it, I always leave with the music blasting in my head!

That's how you know a musical is great, when you leave with the music still in your head! I first saw the story of the Phantom of the Opera when the movie came out. I loved the story of the teacher and student, the story of love, the story of a misunderstood genius gone mad, and the music is absolutely classic!

I always get seats in the front mezzanine for this show, right under the chandelier. This is, I think, the longest running show on Broadway and it only gets better and better every time I go see it. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend the trip to the Majestic Theatre.

I may not be one to do many vacations, but I absolutely love a day-cation and if I had to choose to do anything for ME that I absolutely love to do, it's a trip in the city to eat and see a show. I love having the city so close. I love music, I love shows, and Broadway never disappoints. I hope to go and see Mama Mia again! That show has a special place in my heart for many reasons also.

Sometimes you just have to do the things that make you happy. Don't deny yourself the opportunity to do things. And don't wait around for someone else to do it with you or for you. If you want to do something and it'll make you happy, do it! No one likes doing anything alone, but if you always live your life waiting for someone else to do it for you or to even do whatever it is AT ALL, it may NEVER get done and you deprive yourself of a good time.

As human beings we always want to share. I know I am that way. Always wanting to share experiences, people, things I love, things I enjoy, but how many times have we put ourselves in situations where we deprive ourselves of our very own happiness? I promised a year ago I would do the things that made me ME and that made me happy. I would take time to do these things.

Well I am! I have seen two of my most favorite Broadway shows, hoping to see another, I have taken and organized my pictures, I train and follow my schedule and routines, I eat at the places I like to eat, I watch my movies, I start new TV shows, and some of the things I share with people. Some I do alone. There is nothing wrong with that. But I know one thing, I won't deprive myself of any experiences or good times to enjoy something just because I don't have someone who will invite me or join me. You should do the same too! BE HAPPY! (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment