Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bye Bye Rosie

We all will remember our first car. My first car was named Rosie. My Aunt Karen named her and the name became infamous for the seven years to follow. I bought Rosie in fantastic condition. But she had a lot of wear and tear over the years. And many people who have been around in my life all have a Rosie story I am sure.

Rosie used to bring me to school when I was a senior in high school. She got me to all my choir rehearsals, all my school events, all my martial arts classes, my competitions, my Black Belt tests, and even my high school graduation. She brought me to my yearly LBI trips, down the shore to my grandparents or Barnegate to old friends, was with me at my first apartment, and many important people have driven with me in this car.

I also definitely had my share of problems with her. In the last few years, I experienced a lot of bad CARma. The ones to experienced the bad times look back with rolled eyes and laughter. It was always an adventure with Rosie. In my senior year of high school I was taking college courses at Montclair State University and the first weekend of October I go to the Chowderfest in Long Beach Island. I woke up very early one day and drove all the way back north to take my class which was at 11:30am.

Well when class ended at 12:45 I was going to leave but as I drove out of the parking garage the battery died. All by myself at 17 years old, I had no battery charge in my flip phone cell, my mother was still in LBI, my father was in Atlanta, and I had no one else to call. So I called AAA, waited two hours for a tow truck to come, thought it was a gas issue, he left for 45 minutes and came back and Rosie still wouldn't work. So I she needed to be towed, so I had to call AAA AGAIN for an official tow truck, have her towed and waited three more hours before the two truck came, my grandfather picked me up at the mechanic, I ate a quick dinner within thirty minutes, only to borrow his car to go BACK to Montclair for a 7:30pm class that night. I will never forget that LOL.

One time I was bringing a group of friends to a competition in Rahway, NJ on an a major highway Rosie stalled and stopped working. I had a friend pick us up and we all crammed in his small car to the tournament. There were four of us crushed in the back and one laying across the four of us. It was hilarious, we were like a clown car smushed together. I used to drive Robert, Frankie, Andrew, and Jessie everywhere with Rosie. I drove my parents and brothers in Rosie, Kenny got to drive in Rosie, Andrew even used Rosie for his driving test when he turned 17.

I have also gone through a million flat tires with Rosie -__- . It was like a reoccurring theme. One time I was driving Erin home and I had Sadie in the car and I got a flat tire.We were halfway to her house before I called AAA, we had to call her parents because the tow truck wouldn't bring her home, I had to spiritually contact Frankie to bring me home, and they would NOT let me bring Sadie in the truck with us. I had to leave her in Rosie. I was devastated1 I thought Sadie would be sad and hate me for leaving her! When I turned around to see how Sadie was doing, there she was in the driver's seat, paws on the steering wheel, having a grand ol' time. She was having a blast thinking she was driving. Tippy!

At my old apartment, there was a huge snow storm and my Rosie got stuck in the snow. My Uncle Frank said to put Rosie in the driveway because more snow was coming and I had a bunch of friends over for my infamous Macaroni Sundays. It took eight of us pushing Rosie because she got stuck in the snow. We laughed at how many idiots it took to move her!

There are countless memories with Rosie. I am happy so many people have good memories with her also, and will treasure a Rosie story or two. However, Rosie is no more. As of last week, Rosie's time had ended. And now we enter a new era of Shiela! I went from silver to gold, and thanks to a great deal from my grandmother, and thanks to my grandfather for never letting her really drive (it has 34,000 miles) I have practically a brand new car. It is strange to have a car that stops when you brake, goes in the direction you want it when you turn the steering wheel, or has cold air come out of the air conditioner! (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment