Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Today's Prejudice

Consider this venting, consider this a stand, consider this a rant, whatever it may be, if there one thing I cannot stand it is prejudice! But you know something, I may be naive, and I've said this before, but I don't see a lot of prejudices that there once were in our world anymore. Maybe because I don't look for it, maybe because I am naive, maybe because it really isn't there.

But I do not tolerate other people being treated differently or their value in the world is different from anyone else because of their ethnicity, or culture, or religious views, or political views, or sexual orientation, or gender, I find it UNACCEPTABLE.

In my opinion, and it is just MY opinion, and I am not saying this is everyone-- but some past prejudices that may still be alive today is because some people WON'T let it die down and away! The more you talk about something or the more you fight against something, then more power and energy you put into the thing you do not want. That is a basic principle of the law of attraction.

Don't fight agianst drugs! You focus on DRUGS! Don't fight against bullying, you focus on bullying! Don't fight against cancer, you focus on cancer! Don't fight against hunger, you focus on hunger! Don't fight against a political opponent, you focus on the opposing party!

What do you do then? Instead of drugs, focus on recreation! Instead of bullying, focus on respect! Instead of cancer, focus on health! Instead of hunger, focus on abundance of food! Instead of anti-political figure, be pro-her/his opponent! You get what you focus on period!

There are some people who blame other people for not moving forward in life or say they aren't given the opportunities they wanted, or the pay raise they earned or WHATEVER, and they say it's because they're Spanish, or it's because they're black, or because they're a woman, or because they're gay, or because they're Muslim, or because they're Jewish, or because they're Protestant, etc WHATEVER!

IF, IF there is still any hint of prejudice because of these things, a major part of it is because people look for it. My opinion. And I am not saying that all people. But a lot. HOWEVER! Like I began, I really honestly don't see it as much in the world I live in. Maybe it's the area I am in, maybe it's the people I surround myself with, maybe it's because I am no naive and don't look for it and have much more faith in the world I live in, BUT-- in my experience, I find people are much more tolerant and open to differentiation with ethnicity, religion, gender, even with sexual orientation. And if not, I will be one of the first to stand up against any such prejudice!

But you want to know where I DO see prejudice in the world? And it burns me up! In my opinion, the real prejudice in the world lies in EDUCATION. If you're not educated, you're ignorant. If you're not educated, you're not worth anything. If you're not educated, what do you know. If you're not educated, you can't move up in the world. If you're not educated, you can't succeed. If you're not educated, you can't make anything of yourself in the world. It's all BULL SH*T!

It angers me so much. The university level of education is more of a business than anything else. Thirty years ago you could get a degree for $8000. Today it can four to five times more than that, with no proof you're education has any more value than it did thirty years prior. Here is an excellent article to read up on that:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dear-class-13-ve-scammed-110139929.html

I have also written blogs about how people's abilities should be worth more than the papers one hold's accrediting them. Ability over accreditation any day! I know people with phenomenal ability but cannot receive opportunities and growth because they don't have a paper saying they can. On the other hands, I know people with 4 degrees and cannot find their way out of a paper bag!

Am I anti-education? No. I love to learn, I am always seeking ways to learn, but I am anti-the education system at university level. I have ALWAYS been big on certifications. I am a certified Black Belt on the national and international level, I am certified in fitness, I am certified in coaching and officiating, I am trained with hypnosis and qigong certification, I am getting certified this summer for Raindrop Technique and other skills, and you are EMPLOYABLE!

One of the highly effective habits of successful people is to attain specialized knowledge! Some of the greatest and most powerfully successful people understand this. And I know too many people who have achieved great success with no degree. Some people argue "Well not everyone can." That is only because they are spoon-fed this ridiculous idea that they cannot any other way or taught to seek other options and the processes of doing things they really want are made complicated. Trade schools and specializations have a great deal value in this world. And I will NOT conform to the conditioning of the thought process that it's the way to go.

I am an entrepreneur. I am not. looking to get a job or be hired. I have plenty of contingency plans and skills that I can make things happen for myself. People who are "older" have the mentality that they get to a certain point in life that no one will hire them and they can't get jobs. Do not succumb to that limited thinking! You can do something about it!

Another fuel to my fire is when I have SUCCESSFUL minded people who DO have great education also saying that degrees are worthless in this world, then even more so I despise this system. I will continue to go to school and attain my degrees, only to say that they mean nothing and will no credit to any of my success. Unfortunately in this world, no one will listen unless I have it. So to have a voice, I will acquire them and do nothing with it. But it will be a stepping stone for me to make my small difference in the world to fight this ridiculous mindset planted in our society.

So many of my friends and school mates who have degrees and do NOTHING related to their majors, or have NO jobs whatsoever and are in over their heads with debt. And the irony of wanting people with experience. HOW DO YOU GET EXPERIENCE IF YOU WON'T GET HIRED! PLUS, how can people WITH experience not get hired because companies want YOUNGER faces to pay them LESS who have LESS EXPERIENCE! It's all f*cked up!

SO the prejudice I fight is the prejudice of education. It must end! People need to open their eyes and find a way around the system! Limited thinking leads to limited results with limited opportunities! Value comes from the individual essence of each person. When allowed to options of this abundance universe with the guidance of people to teach how to think outside the box and build one's confidence to grow and explore, then our minds open a greater world for us all.

Under no circumstances should there ever be prejudices against any group of people that depletes one's value. Respect for the treatment of other people and their possessions, respect for people's beliefs and opinions, and respect for people's abilities over accreditation! That's the key to building tolerance in the world. R.E.S.P.E.C.T! (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER TRENTO

P.S Just my opinion... 

No comments:

Post a Comment