Friday, February 28, 2014

My Master's Birthday

Me with Sifu and Simo on their birthday

Last week, I had the honor and privilege to celebrate my master's birthday with some of his family and close friends who were able to attend. It just so happens that Sifu's wife (the wife of the Sifu is known as the Simo) has the same birthday as Sifu. We went to Cuban Pete's in Montclair and it was a night of laughs, fun, and love.

I had a very long month, and I get into that funk where I don't want to do anything. But when Sifu invited me to join in on their birthday celebration, my heart leaped. I was honored he even thought of me, but even moreso, I felt that I belonged. I really wanted to be there to celebrate these two wonderful individuals, but it was also a very much needed night out for me. I was so happy to be there for them both.


I know just about everyone who attended. Some were long reigning kung fu students who I have come to know in the last couple years, especially John, Patty, David, Andy, and Quaasim. And I even met a few new faces a little more. It was nice to be in a different setting and enjoy my time with the kung fu family in a different atmosphere, and they made me feel like I belonged right in there. Even Sifu said to me at one point "You belong with us," which put a big smile on my face.

I got to spend a little time with Sifu's mother and had a few laughs with her, I met Sifu's brother and sister-in-law, we ate plenty of food and had plenty of laughs, but I also got some personal time with the Simo! We kept taking pictures and laughing, and I heard the Simo version of how the two met. I am sure the Sifu version has some tweeks in it, or so she claims, lol. But the room was full of love. Sifu always provides an atmosphere filled with love and you felt it in that room. And the love between Sifu and Simo is such a beautiful display of love in the world. I wish the two of them many blessings in the upcoming year and hope the two of them had a very happy birthday! (BOWS)

Me and Simo
Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment