Saturday, February 8, 2014

Operation Babs!



Operation Babs in now in progress. I made a goal back in May 2013 and I even put it in my blog post entitled Bye Bye Barbara. Since my freshman year of high school I have followed and studied the work of the icon Barbara Walters. She is a pioneer in the world of journalism, making history not only becoming the first woman anchor of a morning news program, the first woman anchor of an evening news program, but also for doing the work in the industry no other journalist, male or female, would ever do.

The goal is to meet my long time idol in person, just just as a hand shake greeting, but a sit down interview, maybe luncheon type of meeting. I have approximately four to five months to do this since she has announced her retirement last May. Sometimes you have to make a goal that is so big that when you achieve it, you know there is nothing stopping you from achieving anything in your life.

Barbara Walters had a tremendous influence on me in my work life. She does tremendous amount of research and homework. She gets the interviews no one can. To note, in politics she has interviewed every president since Richard Nixon, Vladimir Putin, Boris Yeltson, the Shah of Iran, Saddam Hussein, and Fidel Castro. She interviewed every huge infamous case such as the Menendez Brothers, O.J Simpson, Martha Stewart, Jason Williams, and Robert Blake. She got the first interview with rivaled politicians to sit down with one another. The first interview with Martha Stewart before her trial, and first interview only hours after her sentencing. The first interview with Christoipher Reeves after his accident, the first and ONLY interview with Monica Lewinsky.

Barbara Walters is also known for her specials. She did an Academy Award Special before the Oscars for 30 years, her 10 Most Fascinating People Special for over 20 years, anchored 20/20 for 25 years, and numerous other specials. The specials were a way of her doing what she wanted to do and cover topics she felt were important.

So I know she lives in Manhattan. She doesn't drive and walks to work. ABC is on 66th Ave in New York City. I am on my way! I have no idea how this will be achieved, but I know it WILL! I have a few thoughts of getting the ball rolling. But this is a goal I am going to work VERY hard to making come true! I will be keeping everyone updated. (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment