Saturday, October 10, 2015

It's Been A While



Yes. It HAS been a while. It was a full year. It really has been. I haven't blogged since March. It was intentional. Not that it was to be mysterious or silent for any reason. I had to focus. If you recall, back in February I blogged that NO ONE was more excited about entering 2015 than I was. And It was true. Entering the year of the wooden sheep, I intended to do exactly what I needed to energetically put forth in motion the things I wanted for my life. And I've not only focused and worked, but had fun.

I have been training. I have been studying. I have been building. I have been reinventing. I have my mentors. I have my master. I have my projects. I have my teaching. I was given a book over a year ago written by Dolly Parton about dreaming more. Well I have continued to do so, and then some. There are certain things I've done in life I never thought I'd be doing, or some things I knew I would but just not so soon.

I've been learning. I've learned a lot. I also made a big move, changing locations of my business right at the beginning of the year and making a new foundation of growth that I am very happy about. I have brought myself to a whole new level of mastery, but not necessarily with ease or without a few bumps. But we must take all experiences with gratitude to bringing us right where we need to be.

I have traveled a lot. More than I ever thought I would have. I've been to date to Georgia five times, Florida four times, Baltimore four times, I was just in Tennessee, and I have enjoyed everywhere I have gone. Awesome adventures, phenomenal opportunities, and fantastic fun. I've been keeping busy.

My idea of hell is an empty calendar. People have no idea how true that is for me. But at the same time, I love structure, and thrive on consistency. I never get bored or feel stagnation, and adjust and reinvent as I go along because it just fits when it's time. And 2016 looks like it's going to be great. But I have a very big goal in mind right now and just about everything I am doing relates to this event in some way.

I am testing for 5th Degree Black Belt in July. I still have a lot of work to do. And I'll do it all. I have a five year plan that follows that, but I have a lot that will lead up to this test. You know, in martial arts, everyone has their "thing". Some people it's sparring. Other people it's forms, Maybe board breaking. Sometimes it's self-defense. For me, it's Black Belt tests. I always loved taking Black Belt tests and being put through all my challenges and pushing myself beyond my limits through the magic of martial arts. I love so much what it is I do, and some people really don't get what it is I do. But that's okay, martial arts is a personal journey for us all who train.

For ME, the Black Belt tests I have taken to date all have a different meaning and purpose for me. mastering the basics, mastering technique, mastering mindset, mastering self- mastering the art. And 5th Degree is no different, and there are MANY layers of it. It is mastering Spirit. There are MANY layers to this concept. It is also, in fact, one of the tenets of Taekwondo (indomitable spirit). Well within the last few years in my beginning "master training", my spirit has floated, it has been broken down, it has been transformed, and it has grown. Using the power of spirit and using one's spirit in all we do has also been very important discoveries.

But this test will also be very different for another reason. 4th Dan in my art is master level. It is the last test technically for "you" per se. As a servant leader, one must do for others, provide for others, help others, and contribute to others without expecting anything in return. The test I take should be an expression of that service and a representation of what it is I have done with spirit these last four years.

I have also been exploring extensively of the year's theme that has been reoccurring over and over. There will be many blogs on those reflections as well. So I'll get to review and explore a bit more with my blogs. Yes, I'm ready to start back up. The purpose when I originally began this blog was to give an honest and open reflection of my journey. My martial arts training has also been my journey of life. Some may find it entertaining, some may find it stupid, some may find it funny, some may learn something, some may relate. For me, it holds me accountable.

So here it is again: Being the Candle. Life is ALL about being the candle. Learning we have a radiance and allowing ourselves to shine where need be and help others to discover theirs. Love one another, for we live in this life together. We need to support our own dreams and self and support each other in the process of learning how to be the candle. Let's see what I find. Because it's been a while....

Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment