Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Striking Militia

"What is "Striking Militia"?

Striking Militia is the Official striking methodologies system to be implemented by the HagAnaH system as of 2016.

In the past, Joe Lewis Fighting Systems , was the striking curriculum Mike Lee Kanarek used in his own school in south Florida for striking and sparring purposes. Due to the passing of Joe Lewis in 2012, Kanarek's lifetime Martial Arts mentor, the affiliation between JLFS and HagAnaH was discontinued  a few years ago by Kanarek.

In 2013, the S2B Muay Thai curriculum was created by Mike Lee Kanarek based on his lifetime Muay Thai experience both in Israel and in the U.S. for a handful HaganaH schools to implement in their schools for striking purposes, including his own school Warrior Strength in south Florida.

A couple years ago the Battle Ready Kickboxing curriculum was created by Mike Lee Kanarek for military purposes for selected units in the US.

Throughout the year of 2015 , the few HagAnaH schools nationwide who offered both S2B-MT and BR-KB experienced a migration trend from the majority of their students from S2B-MT to BR-KB.

Due to that migration , being right or wrong, Mike Lee Kanarek decided to Hybrid the two and create the Striking Militia curriculum for serious HagAnaH schools!"

In 2014 I interviewed one of the greatest warriors in the world, Mike Lee Kanarek, protege of the legendary Joe Lewis, founder of the HaganaH system, and previously part of the notorious Golani Brigade of the IDF as part of the Orev Golani Special Forces Unit. When interviewing Mike Lee, one of my favorite parts of the interview is when I asked him about his own mentor, Joe Lewis who was a student of Bruce Lee and undefeated Karate World Champion. Mike expressed to me in the interview that he loved Joe Lewis as his own father, and would call him "Daddy", and how karate kickboxing and muay thai was his passion,

After that interview I had become a Gen 2 F.I.G.H.T Instructor under his instruction and then attended his school months later in South Florida to become certified in Battle Ready Kickboxing. It was later I began teaching a HaganaH F.I.G.H.T program at my own school. I've done just about every certification he's done since, but recently he had reached out to a bunch of us stating he was going to be combining his Muay Thai curriuclum and Battle Ready Kickboxing curriculum together to formulate the FIRST HaganaH Striking Militia. 

The first time I ever experienced Muay Thai was with Mike Lee at my mentor's school in 2014 with my student Thomas. I remember thinking "OMG this stuff is AWESOME and so practical!" I really wanted to learn it and put it on my list. This past fall I had my mentor Sam DeJesus do a Muay Thai seminar at my school for my students, which I participated in as well. So when Mike Lee said he's going to be combining elements of both Battle Ready and Muay Thai, I was super excited. 

Eighteen of us met with the founder at our Titanium Status level school in Milford, Pennsylvania for this certification. As always, Mike Lee Kanarek was at the top of his game. Not only was he insightful but informative. I loved hearing about the origins of his own training and background and the history of how the material we were learning came to be. The Shin to Bone Muay Thai Instructors knew the muay thai material and the Battle Ready Kickboxing Instructors knew the Battle Ready material. But as always there was more than just fighting. We did brilliant combinations, worked on SMart principles necessary for SMart fighting. Mike had a brilliantly SMart structure behind preparing and setting up classes for us to teach, along with SMart philosophies embraced within the system. There is also layered SMart science behind developing sparring and fighting tactics based on logistics and physiological development as well. 

What was most exciting was knowing this was an accumulation of several several years of experience and research and the top of the line, world class, up to date material. I look back on my training over the past 20 years and this material TRULY enhances my training and knowledge by several several degrees. Mike Lee will be continuing to enhance and build on this with the Striking Militia Instructors in October which I look forward to working with him again as well. 

Mike Lee Kanarek WILL be teaching the FIRST M.A.K.O Seminar (Military Agressive Knife Objective) at my school, TMAFC on June 4. For information or to sign up call me at 201-203-0773 or email me at tmafcinfo@gmail.com or message me in Facebook! (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment