Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Qigong Course


Last spring I did a ten week Special for Women's Self-Defense. For the summer, I began last week my next ten week Special on Qigong. I have written about Qigong before but it is a topic I will constantly be learning and teaching about. I was very excited about teaching this course, especially with so many people so interested in it. And many people wanted me in particular to teach it. I kept putting it off a year ago, saying I'd rather have my Qigong mentor or one of my more experienced Kung Fu brothers or sisters teach it. But my members at TMAFC wanted ME to do it.

I don't know if it is because I felt I wasn't as experienced as the ones I have worked with before, or it was just too new for me, or because I was just too clouded with things in my life that I felt I couldn't do it. But this past year I have incorprated it a little bit with a few of my students and the interest build up quick. So I decided to finally do it.

Qigong has been around for over 6,000 years or so, give or take a few hundred years. There are countless of different forms and sets. A scientist will tell you everything is energy. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, can go in and out of form, always have been and always will be. In Chinese, we call that little ol' thing energy QI (sounds like CHEE). Qi, which is also known as universal life force, can be manipulated, manifested, cultivated, and moved. Anyone can learn to do this, using our mind and bodies as a vehicle to utilizing it. "Gong" in Chinese means work. So here you have your basic energy work.

Everything is energy. Everything is Qi. Thoughts, emotions, chemicals, toxins, etc. You can release negative Qi and chemicals and toxins that stay in your body whether it be in illness, stress, or in your organs. Through postures, movements, and breathing exercises, you can use Qigong to build your vitality and health.

Under Sifu, I became a Certified Qigong Therapist, where I use therapeutic practices to helping people with ailments that can medically help people. A couple years ago I met my Qigong mentor at another mentor's school where I experienced Qigong exercise practices for the first time. Using guided imagery of the mind, correct posture and movement, as well as correct flow of breathing, you can learn to move the Qi within your body along the twelve meridians of the body. You can strengthen your body, gain mental clarity, spiritual enlightenment, and energetically clean yourself up.

I have about 16 or more people taking this ten week Qigong class, and the energy is absolutely amazing in the room. I am also excited to share with people this experience and hear of the great benefits they all are receiving and sharing. With so many people sharing and validating their experiences, the energy and positivity in the room is magnified, which makes the course even more exciting and fun. I am using techniques and sets taught to me by my Qigong mentor, some from my own master (Sifu) and some I have found that are very popular to do within the Qigong scope.

I am already seeing the people in the course benefiting from it already and tonight is the second class. I hope by also teaching it, it gives me a chance to get some practice in so I, too, can energetically manifest all the Qi I need to create what I need to create in my life.

If you are interested in learning more about Qigong, or even already enrolled in this current Qigong course and want to continue it, let me know my calling me at 201-203-0773, or emailing me at tmafcinfo@gmail.com. Who knows, if there's enough interest, maybe I'll do it again at the end of this Special.  (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO 

No comments:

Post a Comment