Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The YouTube Channel


So I am doing my best to keep up with the times. I don't do well, I am usually behind. When it comes to technology and social media, I do not keep up with it all. It actually irks me how much of the old 1950s mentality of "keeping up with the Jones's" is alive today. I feel people learn to not appreciate the things they have and nothing is ever enough, and I don't want to contribute that to our world. Everyone always has to have the next big thing, the next great toy, and no one is original anymore. Just because everyone else has it or whatever, doesn't mean I have to and I definitely don't want to.

The world moves fast as it is and everyone wants to move faster. No one knows where they're going and they're trying to get there too fast. However, there are some other times when you just need to be "with it". In an attempt to increase my online presence for my own center, I have a wonderful media director along with a fellow business adviser who have taken an idea and went with it. Not only have they went with it, but they knew how to do it and they do it right and WELL.

I have had a YouTube channel for years. Why did I have on? Because I wanted to like and subscribe to Shane Dawson's channel, a famous YouTuber who makes me laugh and I respect very much, knowing his background. You can't subscribe or like videos unless you create a channel. Never did I ever think of using it for my business. We have filmed already what must be 20 videos. No structure or rhyme of reason. Just enough material and things that I do at my center.

Sometimes it's forms, sometimes its self-defense, sometimes its me talking about something important to me, sometimes it's Qigong, sometimes its philosophical, sometimes it is fitness related. Sometimes he is filming me talk and I don't even realize it because he wants people to see me naturally be. And that's kind of what I want. I want people to see me as I am, what they will get, and hope that people will want to join us in our journey. So every Wednesday, a new video on the channel will be out for TMAFC, my center.

However, there is something else I've been wanting to do for a very VERY long time. Every Friday starting Sept 5, I will have a separate set of videos being pushed in a series called "The Martial Way". The first three episodes are just me, but the future ones will be me and a panel of a few people, always changing, to discuss things related to the martial arts, or at least came through from my martial arts training. No topic goes untouched. Martial arts, styles. fitness, nutrition, exercise, competition, self-esteem, focus, self-defense, bullying, sexual harassment, learning and memory, women in martial arts, masters and students, benefits to martial arts, what to look for in a school, instruction quality, Olympics -- you name it, we'll discuss it.

I think a lot of people would be interested in some of the topics and it's another avenue I get to use to teach. I hope that other martial artists and teachers would find it interesting, parents of martial artists, people who just like martial arts, etc. The videos at first will be short 10-15 minute videos, but I am hoping as it gains popularity and more interest, I hope it can grow to full fledged half hour or more show kind of setting. And the constant changing of people on the panel will also give a new fresh perspective on a slue of topics.

But there is one other aspect of this venture. Once a month, I will be doing on the fourth or last Friday a one hour Master Trento Special with a high profiled interview with some of the greatest masters of the world. This is a way to bridge the martial arts together, for ME to learn from the best, a way for me to TEACH people about martial arts, and I also get to do something I really like to do. I want people to know about these great martial artists and have other martial artists learn from them. Some of them are founders or had a hand in founding some of our martial arts we have today. Some have an incredible story or beginning that I know will be awe inspiring for others.

SO it's all going to be on the same channel right now. It is www.youtube.com/TMAFCOnline. Please share it with everyone you know, view the videos, please give me feedback, and subscribe to the channel! And look for my TMAFC Videos every Wednesday at 1pm, and The Martial Way on Fridays which started Sept 5th! Please share the videos, give feedback, subscribe to the channel as well!
Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment