Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Georgia Bound!


At the beginning of this summer I went to the 2014 AAU Taekwondo Championships where I officiated my first national tournament, competed in sparring, and had my final forms competition. But I also had the most fantastic time meeting some really awesome people. Some were from Georgia, some from Tennessee, some from North Carolina, some from Florida. The common denominator: It was a blast spending time with them.

I was weary at first of going to nationals, but it was the greatest blessing in disguise. The kindness and laughter was such a gift in itself from everyone, and I felt so welcomed and that I belonged. After a horrible year, it was a great joy to be in the presence of some wonderful people. It was also a fantastic way to start the summer. So I figured, it would be a great way to end the summer as well!

When I got back to New Jersey I couldn't get enough of them all and was emailing, texting, and Facebooking with them all! One of my friends actually kept kidding and joking how I should come down to them. Well the joke was on them, because I actually did! As much fun as I was having, just as much work was to be done. I had brought things from home to work on that were important for when I got back and I was able to get the solitude to focus and refresh my thoughts for my return to the school year, I was able to teach classes at their center two days, I taught people about Qigong and essential oils, even work on a few people the Raindrop technique. I also officiated a tournament while there and did a six mile run.

The Stone family are wonderful people. They opened their home to me as if I were one of their own and am so grateful for their wonderful hospitality. I have always admired and respected Master Bobby Stone a great deal, knowing him from the AAU Taekwondo the last few years. He has centered for me a few times when I competed, I also worked with him as an official, the week I stayed, I was happy he got to see me where I am at my best, teaching on the mats. But I also got to learn Master Stone and I are VERY similar in many respects. We are almost to the tee parallel in interests, values, and opinions, which I thought was pretty funny, as did his wife Stacey.

Stacey and I hit it off right away in Florida. She is the sweetest person you can come in contact with, bubbly personality, and full of great spirit. There are few people in the world you can meet with a heart like Stacey and she has become such a dear friend in a small amount of time. She took extremely good care of me while I stayed with her and the family, and made me feel so welcomed. I don't think it was just good ol' Southern hospitality, I think she just has a great quality of doing good for people, and that is a gift.

They have two beautiful children who I absolutely loved. We laughed, played, and had fun. The older son was in awe as I spoke about the mysterious ways of Qigong, and the younger diva sister was as entertaining as can be. They did a great job in raising their children and you can feel a great amount of love in their home. It was comforting and good to feel and see.

I really enjoyed spending time with some of the other Georgia people I met from nationals, and I got to meet a few more! I met a lot of awesome people at the tournament I officiated at. It was a full and exciting week for me. Once again, I didn't want to go back home. And I always want to go back home LOL. I really felt that I belonged. They made me feel so welcomed and treated me so well. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed myself like that.

I try very hard not to think about a year ago and the months that followed then. Life was not great. After making some heavy decisions, the timing of these guys presence in my life was just as much a shock to me as they say it was for them. Time. Time is an interesting thing. My Aunt Karen always told me everything is about timing. Just like sparring! Great sparring has great timing. Kick too soon, you jam, kick too late you miss. It's a nice feeling to be a part of an extended family. If only they didn't live so far..or me.

Aunt Karen always said time give you just what you need when you need it. I have practically seen my Georgia family every month since nationals. I stayed for that week in August and extending my stay a bit into Sept. They were in the New York-New Jersey area in October and I was thrilled to see them, show them a little Jersey life here. And I will be returning to see them for Thanksgiving week. I am so grateful for these guys, if only they knew what they've done for me since I met them.

So what will the future bring. Who knows? I don't. But there is a comfort in knowing I have this extended family in what seems like a far away land. Our connections with people are universal and we are all connected universally, people don't understand that. Energy is a very real thing. Energy makes things happen. Having a strong support group is energetically healthier and makes the mentality of abundance grow greater. I am beyond grateful for my new "family friends". Let's see whats next.. (BOWS)

Yours in service,
MASTER A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment