Friday, February 3, 2012

Deep Sleep

I have been in my new apartment for a month now. Remember back in August all my blog posts of how I was almost an insomniac and just couldn't fall asleep? I did everything in my power to get a good steady sleeping pattern? Well I must say, having my routine and schedule down pat, I not only have had a good and consistent sleeping pattern, but the sleep itself....O.M.G.

I have never slept so well before. I have NEVER slept so great. And not only do I feel refreshed and vibrant, but the sleep is so deeeeeeeeeeep. I get a good solid eight hours of sleep every night. And you know what? Those eight hours feel like 14 hours! I fall asleep sooooo deeply, that when it's time to wake up, I think "Oh my, did I oversleep?" I look at the clock and I am just like "Damn! I feel like I slept double that amount!"

But I feel awake and energetic. I have my tea and breakfast in the morning, I say my rosary, I get ready to go to the school, and the day (for the most part) falls into place. I can honestly say that this past month has been the best sleep I have EVER had in my life! It's good to feel refreshed and energized, especially with the weekend that I have coming up. Tonight I leave for Troy, NY for the AAU Adirondack Taekwondo Championships, which is our first AAU Taekwondo tournament we've ever gone to and it is also the first of three qualifying tournaments we are going to in order to qualify for nationals this year in Ft Lauderdale, Florida.

And then Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday. That is more of an emotional day because it was last year's Super Bowl Sunday that my spirit was badly damaged and I am still getting over a lot of pain and angst. But having this great sleep and rest, I hope it helps me be in a little more control over the circumstances. So what am I grateful for today? My DEEP SLEEP!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment