Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Martial Hearts

Valentine's Day is a very special one for me. And yes, it is because I have had the same steady love affair for three years. Teaching martial arts solo. HAHAHAHA (Bet you thought it was some hot chick). I separated from the old master in November 2008. December of that year I had been planning and structuring how to continue training by myself and how I would build my own school. I was living by myself at the time and I had to make this happen. I knew it would, it was my dream after all. But what is my business all about? Teaching what I love most.

So a couple months later in February 2009 I incorporated Trento's Martial Arts and Fitness Center, and I held my first class, teaching as my own instructor. It was on a Saturday and the date was February 14, 2009: Valentine's Day. I had five students and I taught the class in one of the student's garage that morning at 10AM. Today is three years later and I am going to be doing what I love to do today at my very own school. Imagine that, eh?

I am very attached to the dates and times of history that means a lot to me. Sifu warns from holding onto attachments. But I can't help it with this one. No matter who my Valentine may be, the one love of my life (martial arts) will always have a special place in my heart for this day. And the students who were part of that origin of the school they train in now will always remember that morning in the garage. How far we have come.

Valentine's Day is not only being with the person you love romantically but with the person/people you love in your brotherhood and/or sisterhood of friends and family. And to also be doing what you love on top of that? There's no such thing as too much love! Been in business three years and guess what? I loved every minute of it! Happy Valentine's Day TMAFC!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment