Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back to Training! Back to Burning!

I was taught by my former master and my current fitness mentor, Charlene, to learn to LOVE the BURN when you are working out! Embrace it! Be grateful you can feel the burn, and the burn is a good thing. The burn is what you want. And to be quite honest, I LOVE the burn. A lot of people confuse the "burn" with pain. Pain is a different and harmful to your body, or as my spiritual/psychological mentor, Lisa, would call it: inappropriate soreness. The burn is when you are sculpting your body to what you want, and building and using your muscles. Or as Lisa would say: appropriate soreness.

When I feel the burn, I am happy because I know I am getting even closer to my goals. There was a point where I stopped feeling the burn in my training and it was my opportunity to bring my training to the next level, but life's circumstances told me I wasn't ready. So I had to be knocked back a few steps and build back up before doing so, to get a clearer picture of the road the lies ahead. You never know where you're going until you get there, and when you get there you won't know where to go! =P

I have four months until the long awaited master test, three until the mock test. January was an excellent training month. February was terrible, from the Sorrow-bowl on. So I got my Qi cleared up, faced a few demons, and then called on outside reinforcement to take care of energy blockages. Now I feel great, organized, and motivated. I am working with the mentors consistently, And this week I got back to my routine. I am talking training, working, studying, eating, and sleeping. It's been two days and I feel FANTASTIC. And you know what else? I feel the burn! OY!

I have soooooo much to do before June. But I will do it all! A lot of reading to do, a lot of training, a lot of new material, a lot for TMAFC, and a lot of personal goals. Friday night I went food shopping with my good friend Dawn and I bought cheeses, eggs, fruits, orange juice, seltzer, all the things I used to eat all the time. Now I am getting serious. This is the direction I want to go. I did my cardio work, did work on my forms, jumped rope, and did my crunches. I have said before, I never cared about how my body looked, but I knew I was in excellent condition. But one thing I always wanted were my abs. For the first time in my life, at the age of 21, I had my abs. I was thrilled. Now I kinda have them.....that is on a good day.

Last night I am watching TV with Kristin, and she said she was feeling sore from class I taught last night. Then she says "I want abs by the summer." I looked at her and said "Me too." So we made a pact that we are going to promise each other to work and motivate each other to accomplish this goal by the summer. Uh oh. I always keep my promises to other people before myself (not necessarily a good thing) so now I have to do it! Well, here we go! You heard it here! Kristin Barrett and Andrew Trento are training for abs by the summer!

Besides my regular training and mentor training, I also have some major challenges BY the mock test to be able to do. My sparring mentor, Master Bardatsos, has already made me do 20 minutes straight sparring. That is a must again. Master Balon knows my goals for my 4 board ridgehand, 5 board sliding side kick, and 3 board hook kick speed. Charlene knows I hate push ups and expects 100 of 6 different kinds -___-, my self-defense mentor, Master DeJesus, just taught my over a dozen new Krav Maga self-defenses this past Saturday that I know I'm going to have to condition and train myself to do, and Lisa will have me so knowledgeable in the healing oils, hypnosis, and nutritional healing, and well read in psychology that going back to college will be a cinch! I have to be able to do at least 5,000 jumping jacks as well.

There can be NO interruptions or sidetracking now. It's all downhill now. I have waited so long to train to become a master. And I am already looking forward to master training. The Journey to Mastership is going to turn into the Lessons of Mastership! Are you excited? I am!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO



 

No comments:

Post a Comment