Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Fall Cycle Begins!

So I failed at enjoying my summer. It's okay, I can deal with it. I trained successfully with Charlene this summer twice a week and she has given me the momentum and motivation I need to carry myself for my fall training cycle. And I began on Labor Day, this past Monday. Now I know I haven't been consistent with my posts but I will be now that I have structure in my life I will be abiding to.

Now I have a lot going on at TMAFC this month also! I have new students signing up which I am very excited about, I have a junior Black Belt test that has already begun, a 2nd Degree Adult Black Belt test next week, I started my competition team today and we'll be competing at the beginning of October, I have a regular color bet test for 14 students, and another school event for my students, so I am so grateful for the busy-ness. ;)

So it is only natural for me to be very excited, and head full of thoughts that I was unable to sleep Sunday night so I pulled an all nighter. Finally by 5AM, I said to myself, what's the point of sleeping now? Unlike my insomniac month of August, I at least understood the reasoning behind my not sleeping Sunday was more acceptable than the previous reasons. So I went to work out an hour earlier from 6-8. Well....let's just say I began, but the lack of sleep DID affect my performance and I cannot lie. I did everything, and everything well. However, it was not my BEST, and that is all the difference. At first I thought it was totally due to my lack of work from the previous months, but I could not deny the all nighter took a toll.

So naturally, Tuesday I ended up sleeping in and I did not mind it. I was okay as long as I came back Wednesday and came back strong. Truthfully, I struggled getting up. I had my two alarms go off, plus my we up call from a friend, and my lamp on a timer, all to wake me up. It still took 30 min but I DID choose to get up. I dragged, but I made it to TMAFC for my workout.

WELL! Let me tell you! From beginning to end, I was strong, fluent, sore, sweaty...I LOVED IT! I was so happy and proud with myself for doing the type of workout I wanted to do! Right to the tee! I even had ideas of how I would increase my level of difficulty, I think I was pleasantly surprised where my body was at, and excited about the improvements I could make, not irritated for falling behind. I allowed myself to sleep in today due to grandparents coming up from the shore to visit. Mom had minor surgery today, she is fine! But I was so sore today and I was sooo happy about it! Tomorrow I plan on going in and giving it my all again!

Week one, I am happy. Next week I am going to bring it u even more. Good momentum! Fourth Degree Black Belt, here I come!

Yours in service,
A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment