Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Silly Dream

 Shane Dawson as "Shanaynay."
 Shane Dawson as "Aunt Hilda."
 Shane Dawson as "Paris Hilton."
There is this Youtube comedian named Shane Dawson who I find absolutely hilarious! Earlier this year when I went through a very depressing time, Shane was the only thing that could get my mind off of things and get me to laugh when nothing else would. Two of my students told me about him and originally, I thought his humor was stupid after watching one video. Shame on me for my quick judgement!

He has three Youtube channels and I ended up watching every single one of his videos. A long time go, he was once over 400 pounds and lost a lot of weight using Jenny Craig, and ended up working there with his mother and brother. His life ambition is to become an actor and movie director. He began making funny little videos and creating his own silly characters and act all the parts. He was fired from Jenny Craig after uploading a video he made while at work and later ended up becoming a partner with Youtube and has been helping his family since.

He has created some reoccurring characters like Shanaynay, Aunt Hilda, his own version of Shane's mom, Ned the Nerd, and S-Deezy. After three years he has over three million subscribers to his channels and his videos have become more and more professional, using better technology and dressing up as different characters like Edward Scissorhands, the Pink Power Ranger, or Pikachu. He dresses like celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, and Kesha. He also makes spoof videos on Lady Gaga's Judas, Dawson's Creek, and Degrassi.

But not all his videos are just to make fun. He has made some that have really good messages and inspiring, as well as giving a good laugh. He did one on obesity, individuality, divorce, giving people chances, dreams, etc. After watching the videos you really get to know him and can't help but want his dream to come true as well.

Well when I first did this blog, I told my students that I was going to gold myself accountable and try to achieve as many goals as I could, and want them to achieve their goals too. SO besides my martial arts goals and my personal goals, I made what I thought was a SILLY GOAL and told the students at my school "I WILL meet Shane Dawson and I WILL get him to come to my school here!" I even put out there that maybe he can do a Karate Kid spoof video in our dojang!

Well....guess who is coming from L.A to NYC for his friend's movie premiere? You guessed it. Shane Dawson will be ten minutes away. So this is me, making the attempt to making a silly dream come true. I am going to the city tomorrow night to meet Shane and after we talk I am going to explain to him the circumstances of the silly dream and see if he is available to come to my school for a visit or plan a video shooting at a later time. Am I being totally unrealistic? Well anyone who knows me knows that I control my own reality! I'll let u know how it all works out!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

1 comment: