Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Push Up Goals

You may remember a while back I was complaining about one of my workout with Charlene, where she made me do the entire workout of PUSH UPS! I expressed in that post that I absolutely hate push ups! In fact, after so many years of exercising, I can do and be excited to do any crazy and insane drill that only a sadist would want to do! You can ask anyone who knows me, that is how I am. However, push ups, I was never a fan. Even on my Black Belt tests over the years, I was SO focused for the sole purpose of not wanting to have to do push ups!

So after an entire summer of push ups with Charlene, I have gotten not only better in push ups but have received a little more respect for the damn exercise. SOOOOOO, now that the fall training has begun, and I have SO much to do, I have decided to keep push ups in my routines. Now with any drill that I put into my routines, I figure out the short term and long term goals of how to raise the level of difficulty. SO this is what I can do right now: there are five different push ups:

  • 25 Regular push ups
  • 16 push ups with the right leg up, 16 push ups with the left leg up (26 total)
  • 25 alternating legs in the air full push up
  • 25 wide armed push ups
  • 25 closed hands push ups (nearly touching)
This is what I can do now. It's about a total of 126 push ups. My goal is to build up to 30 for each one, then 40, then 50. Once I am able to do 50 of each one really well, I want to do TWO SETS of each one for 50. By the time I am doing my test, I want to be able to do THREE SETS of each push up for 50. THESE particular ones. I will still try other ones as well, but the goal is set.

I think attacking a goal with something I do not like, and pretending I do like them, and improving on top of that is a great project in my training towards masterhood. I will let you all know how I make out with my progress! Is there anything YOU have attempted and kept at it to improve, even though you didn't like it?

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment