Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Keeping a Promise

I am a graduate from Saddle Brook High School and an alumnus of the music department. I always support the arts program and the music program is fantastic run by one of my most favorite teachers of all time, Cynthia Verost. Now graduated, my own martial arts students who go to the Saddle Brook schools are now in the choir with Mrs. Verost. When their spring concert came up, my girls all asked me if I would go to their concert. I promised them I would.

Normally it is very easy to keep my promises and nothing will ever stop me from backing out of my word. But running the business can make it very hard and I almost had to break my promise, which would have destroyed me! You see, when I worked at the gym for Charlene, I only taught two days a a week for three classes. Bu I would sometimes teach five days a week, seven classes! This was because I would cover for other trainers ALL THE TIME.

Well now that I have my own school, you would think these trainers would be able to return the favor the once in a while I may need or want to take a class off. Just like for this concert to show support to my alma mater and to my students. Well NINETY percent of the time, I could NEVER get anyone to cover my classes, OR have someone say they will and cancel LAST MINUTE! It drives me up the wall! I could not get anyone to cover the night of the concert and I felt HORRIBLE!

But when I was at my school about to teach the class at my school, the class was very small and I told the ladies why I was aggravated and without even a second thought, they told me to go. I was like I can't just eave and no one teach class! They were so understanding of how important it was that I keep my promise to my girls and what it means to them that I go, they were willing to let me go and see their concert. I was in awe because no where would a group of people ever do that for somsone. I was so grateful and so humbled by this favor.

I went to the concert to see my girls in their concert (I felt like Mrs. Garrett from the facts of Life! "Girls GIRLS!!" LOL) and I was so proud of them! And it made them so happy, and that makesme happy! Congratulations to "my girls" on a job well done, congratulations to Mrs. Verost for putting on another wonderful concert. And thank you to my ladies for making it possible!

Yours in service,
A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment