Sunday, July 31, 2011

Coming Back to Life

So it's one month down, and I've made a good start for myself on my journey. I feel more motivated then I did before, I am on the right track for my physical training, and mentally I am becoming clearer and a bit more relaxed. I believe I also handle some of life's challenges with a little more handle then before as well. It's a good start!

The beginning to any journey usually starts out as a struggle. I have asked for help this time and done things to hold myself accountable, like this blog. One of the biggest things that depressed me and I would get angry about was my physical training. I used to train four hours a day and ate extremely healthy and had amazing results! Doing personal training with Charlene twice a week has been such a great help because I am seeing results already and it gives me great momentum as it builds up. I see the muscles in my arms, chest, and stomach already looking better than they did a month ago, and I am down 8 pounds.

I have to work very hard to maintain this control. By September, I should have enough training in me that I can take off the training wheels and ride solo. I wrote about the lessons on broken agreements that I discussed with Lisa. Well I have made SEVERAL agreements with myself and other people toward my 4th Degree Black Belt, and with each agreement being fulfilled or in the process of being fulfilled, it gives me more and more of a reference point to work off of.

I love working out with Charlene because she pushes me and makes me do all these exercises that are never the same and I end up struggling. So it gives me more of a drive! Why? Because what I do is take those exercises and do them on my own and make them even more difficult for myself! WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE DO THAT!? Isn't it enough that I am struggling already? NOPE!

As a master I want to exceed expectations. I want to know my body and mind is beyond prepared! So I take those exercises, just as I would do with old Black Belt tests, and challenge myself until I was able to do it without any problem!

But I must say, I am very grateful to my friend Robert Lisciandrello. He is not only one of my bestest friends, but he is by far my most LOYAL friend. He was one of my students in the martial arts who started about seven years ago, and was TMAFC's first Black Belt I ever tested. He has been very gun-ho with his training and will ask to workout with me around the studio's hours, either on weekends, during the day, or late at night. Whether he realizes it or not, going through this struggle to push myself physically into shape as I have done before, I will have moments where I just won't push myself FOR myself. But there were several times I get that phone call from him and he's say "training at 9:30?" and I'm there.

Thank God for Robert. He doesn't realize he's giving me the momentum I need, the same way Charlene is giving me my momentum. When I train with him, it forces me to think of where this training session is going to go, then each workout builds up, and then newer ideas come about, and I'm doing drills I love to do, then I get motivated and start improving, then I start setting these goals of where I want to be or how  can increase the level of difficulty of the workout, and then comes that positive high!

I am very grateful to Robert for many many many reasons, more than he will ever know. But for the purpose of this blog, I will express my gratitude to Robert for his part in helping me come back to life. Without him, I don't think I'd make as much progress mentally or physically at the start of this journey. It' built up that momentum, and when September comes around, the boost is really going to set in BIG time.

Thank you Robert!

Yours in service,
A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment