Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Drags?

I always do this to myself. But every time I began new projects or training cycles, it always began in the summer. In the summers of 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006, I tried very hard to take my extra time to train the way I wanted to with the time I wanted to. Remember, I was still in school at the time, and summer was the best time I had to really move forward with projects and things like that.

Every since I was very young, I had projects for myself and goals, whether it be typing things, recording things, reading, exercises, traveling, research, etc, I had several things for myself to do. I was NEVER bored. And I believe only boring people get bored. So I always kept myself moving. But my passion was to train.

But I was at the mercy of my master and his wife's schedule. I couldn't be as consistent as I wanted and it drove me crazy, being a perfectionist in my own way. It wasn't until the summer of 2007 that I did EXACTLY what I wanted to do in my training and OMG, I really brought myself to a whole new level in training. It was at this time I began tapping into my mental training more and brought my whole physical side to training to a whole new level!

The summer of 2008 as a summer of application, and the first month was in and out, then the second month was just blah! At the time I was moving into my new apartment and my physical training was put to the way side. Trying new things in my life hat summer was a difficult time to set into new projects. Then in 2009 summer, that's when I was really trying hard to bring myself back to my rigorous training and lose weight, and of course the summer temptations were no help whatsoever. A year later in 2010, I had a fantastic year, but then when summer came around, the inconsistencies began again. But I got back on track in fall.

Which leads me to this summer of 2011. How do I make this summer different from my dragging other summers? Because I feel once again, I am dragging a little. Could it be me being hard on myself? Or is it I am being impatient with myself? Not too sure yet. This year is going to be a fantastic year, there's no doubt about that. And a full year of accomplished goals and dreams for myself and other people. Looking back on my previous summers, I don't want to repeat the trend of putting things on the wayside. So I look at this summer with a different approach. This summer, the work I do will be productive with the purpose of "prepping" me into the forward momentum of the year to follow.

How's that for a stretch?? HAHA! So far I have been eating great and healthy (with the exception of going to my grandmother's house this weekend. Italians understand -____- ), and of course I have my family reunion in Rhode Island this weekend, so more temptations. But I thought, early morning run? Laps in the pool? Forms on the beach? Why not?

I need to keep the momentum going so by the fall I am can go full speed ahead! Then the REAL trick will be maintenance, then going BEYOND! Do you have summer drags too?

Yours in service,
A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment