Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dark vs Light

So a little update. As I have told some of you before, I have been going through a lot of depression due to things that have occurred in my personal life this past year. Beginning this blog and beginning my journey to achieve several goals leading me to my ultimate goal which is my 4th Degree Black Belt and Master certification has been a tremendous help. And already, I have seen progress in the smallest ways.

I have lost 8 pounds so far, I am getting some great results from Charlene personal training me, I tried doing splits the other day and I am only inches away from the ground, I have been eating healthier, waking up in the morning, and have been getting little things done here and there. I am very happy with the small progress I've made in two weeks. But these are the outside things. What about the things on the inside?

A few weeks ago I went to a Qi Gong Meditation which I am saving an entire post on that alone! But I was reviewing my notes and I tried a few exercises we were taught and that other people told me they've been doing. One of the things that I read in my notes that Sifu Pedro Yee had said was something about trauma. Like a breakup in relationships is causes trauma, and that energy is kept in the body until you allow yourself to let it go.

When you are happy and peaceful in the center, trauma cannot enter. But what if you already let trauma in? Does that make it more difficult?

My Aunt Karen always told me that time is a funny thing. Time will not give you more than you need, however it gives you JUST what you do need. People say time heals all wounds. I also find that time manifests them as well. But Sifu said something else which stood out in my mind:

"Bring my a solution, not a problem. Because if there is a solution, there is no problem."

Easier said than done? Maybe. But it never hurts to give it a go. Things may be difficult, but it doesn't mean it is impossible. On this journey back to the light that I am on, I am rekindling my own light inside of me. My candle had dimmed for a while and I am mustering as much energy I can to make it burn brighter than ever. But I have a lot of trauma I allowed to set in, which took away from my happiness and peace. So the challenge: relight the flame of the candle, and find my center. Once I accomplish that, I know I will be able to proceed tenfold on this path.

Lisa shared with us that same day we met Sifu Yee something spirit told her during one of her exercises given to her. "Stand in the light and don't leave the light. Beckon others to the light without stepping into the darkness." That is what I wrote in my notes from what she said, I don't know if that is verbatim. But the essence of the message was there.

I think there were many times in my life I stepped into the darkness for others and in the process, had a struggle to get back into the light. No more. Like Lisa said, stand and stay in the light. Don't leave the light. Beckon others to you. Lead others to the light. Because truth be told, "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." And my radiance is eternal!

Yours in service,
A TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment