Friday, January 13, 2012

Bad CARma


So a couple months ago I wrote about how helpless I felt when I got a flat tire and had no answer to my problem in the middle of the night. I wish I had writers that could make scripts to the Lucy-like scenarios I find myself in. It really would be a hit television show if I could have these scripts made. My car is a 1999 Ford Taurus, silver or gray (depends who's looking) and I named her Rosie. Rosie has been my car for six years. But as she gets older, she becomes more mischievous.

When I got Rosie towed a few months ago, I had to get two new tires. I left it over night a tire place, and Robert was nice enough to pick me up one morning to go and get the tires and pay. When I got there, he chose to wait and thank God he did because sure enough, they did not have the tires I needed after 40 minutes of waiting -_____- . Robert did say beforehand that with our luck they wouldn't and that's why he stayed. He attracted it, I blame him LOL.

So this past Sunday, I put the key in the ignition and Rosie made a weird sound. "Vrum, vrum vrum vrum vrum," before starting. What was THAT all about? Maybe I need gas (which I did). I got gas, and once again I started the car and "Vrum vrum vrum vrum vrum," before starting. I don't get it...well I went to church and when I left church the same things happens but this time the entire car vibrated as if I were driving over railroad tracks whose tracks are only an a few inches apart.

My school is only a block away from the church so I drive it a block away with the new high whistling sound. When I made the turn to go into the parking lot, I heard a snap, smoke coming from under the hood and the steering wheel locked. UH oh....and now I make this BIG WIDE turn into the first parking spot. Now, I do not know much about cars. Correction: I know NOTHING about cars. So what does a guy like me do? I open the hood and search for the ON/OFF button that does not exist but hoping maybe this time it'll show up.

A friend knew a mechanic who could take a look at it, I called AAA and towed it to this mechanic's shop. So I call a friend who I know lives close by and he graciously said he would give me a lift home. He picks me up and we stop by a place to get gas. When we got there, the gas attendant broke the flap where the gas goes and then told my friend it was like that! My friend, who is very smart and knows a thing or two about cars knows he is speaking from the sides of his mouth and asks for the manager, hoping the company will pay for the damage.

However the manager is not very nice., has an attitude, and starts speaking in Spanish (I speak it too though ;]) and would not exchange information. Now I know if this manager was nice about the situation, my friend would have probably let the whole thing go. But now you are being disrespectful and giving an attitude, so my friend calls a police officer to get a police report. And rightfully so! In business, the customer is always right!

Well we wait for the officer, he goes back and forth, writes a report, and leaves. Now my friend puts his key in the ignition........."Vrum vrum vrum vrum vrum.....tick tick tick tick..." His car won't start. O.M.G. My luck with cars has trickled onto him! I felt terrible! He thought it was quite funny at first, so then he called his wife to come by to jump his car, while the manager who we just got a police report about is telling us to move the car. Can you make this up?

Only the next day another friend of mine had a battery problem with their car. And then Robert told me his grandparents had car trouble as well! Well wouldn't you know the bad CARma did not stop! I woke up this morning to find my car missing from the front of my house due to a few issues overlooked, but took the entire day (and bank account) to resolve! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Oh, and my cell phone died and I don't know where I packed the charger when I moved, that was a funny added touch to my Friday the 13th.

With the amount of money Rosie cost me this week, I could have bought a brand new car. I just hope Rosie lasts one more year before I start thinking about new vehicles! But no more bad CARma!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment