Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beginning of a Beautiful Thing!

Sunday was Lisa and my Highest Potential Seminar, The Fundamentals to Wellness: Real Recovery, Real Food, Real Results. It was the first of a series of seminars Lisa and I are going to do. This seminar was the introduction of all the things we have done in my mental training to becoming a better and healthier me, and an opportunity to share and help others as well. It is also a milestone for us, because it was our first time working TOGETHER collaboratively.

For me, it was an absolute honor to actually be working with my mentor, Lisa. And of course, as a mentor should, she challenges me and puts me to the task of putting my skills to the test by doing a seminar like this. And you know what? I think we worked GREAT together. We worked well off each other, we picked up where another left off, we worked off each others stories, of course I still needed to look at my notes here and there, but it's a start. It didn't phase our audience, and we had their attention from the beginning to the very end.

Lisa is always vivacious and wonderful story teller. I know everyone I introduce her to is absolutely going to LOVE her, and they DO. She is a great story teller, funny, animated, and of course highly intelligent. She is a plethora of knowledge and I am always trying to sponge up all I can from her. This seminar really kept me on my toes. But I was also so happy for HER because I know this is something SHE has always wanted to do as well. I remember back in July, we went to eat lunch one day and she told me she always wanted to open her own practice to help people "REALLY RECOVER." And she also did not feel worthy enough to speak in front of other. Well of course, being who I am, totally was blunt and said YES YOU CAN! YOU ARE TOTALLY WORTHY!

But she did not feel confident at the time. Now, I KNEW the great knowledge she had, and I also knew what an amazing story she, herself has. I planned back then to have her tell her story and start her practice by helping people through my own business. But never did I think that I, too, would be involved in her journey. And I am so happy that I am, and even happier she feels I can do it. But I was also thrilled that some VERY important people in Lisa's life were present also. Her very close friends Jill, Marni, and Miriam were in attendance. To have them present for this rite of passage into our new venture together, and to have helped such a great deal was and even greater privilege for myself.

Of course I was my goofy self at our seminar. Speaking in front of people is second nature to me. But this was very new information, especially the nutritional information. I am still learning and retaining, and when I lose confidence I speak quickly and then forget my vocabulary completely and use kindergarten word structure sometimes. But when I needed her to, Lisa swooped in, and the seminar flowed without a hint of anything. Jill said watching the two of us was like watching a vaudeville act. LOL!!! But it really was a thrill putting my knowledge to the task, getting people to understand the principles of TRUE nutrition and eating good food, and putting my knowledge to the task.

The oils was also an amazing experience and giving testimonials and having everyone smell different kinds. It was awesome having Miriam there too, who has a great amount of experience and knowledge about them. And then Lisa and I did group hypnosis TOGETHER! I have never done it before, and it was successful! They thought they were under for like 5 or ten minutes when in reality they were under for more like 40-45 minutes! The entire experience was awesome.

This is just the beginning of a beautiful thing! I think of the end of Casablanca where the two say "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." But truth is, Lisa and I HAVE a beautiful friendship which is why this seminar worked so well. And which is why our future is filled with so many wonderful things as we keep to our course. A shout out and SPECIAL thank your to Marni for filming the entire seminar, Jill for taking pictures, audio recording, and being our tech support, and Miriam for taking care of our tables and her support in our power point presentation! And thank you to Lisa for such a wonderful experience, and here's to an awesome new journey!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

1 comment:

  1. "as we keep to our course"...Oh how well, I know that phrase and who says it alllll the time...auspicious if we keep to our course...sigh

    ReplyDelete