Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Forward Momentum in the New Year

So the new year is here and I welcome it with open arms! I am SO happy to say goodbye to 2011, and hello to 2012! This is an exciting year overall! And I started the year off with a few changes. BIG changes. Starting with my environment. I moved out on January 1st and am on my own. Well, technically not alone. I have a room mate who I love to death and is probably one of the few people I would trust with my LIFE. I trust her more than anything in the world, and she's awesome company. I woke up this morning with the dog lying snugged up next to me and my heart turned to mush. I felt so at peace, and at home.

My training is taking new turns as well. A new schedule that I believe will benefit me more than last years, with new routines and an entire plan for my workout for the next six months as I lead up toward the big Black Belt test. I have balanced my curriculum training along with sparring, fitness, and self-defense. I also organized and compiled all my mental training together along with the new material my mentors will be doing with me. I am going to be making some serious mentor time. I already planned out this month's and will be doing the same with next month. Forward momentum!!

Even in the classes I teach, I think the classes I taught yesterday and today were dynamite! With changes made in my life FOR my life, comes a change in attitude and great clarity. That clarity allows you to breathe and then the rest follows. I made lists of things to do and got EVERYTHING on those lists completed. I cannot even begin to tell you the last time I did that. Forward momentum!

I am really excited with the start of this new year and as the small goals come into play, so will the bigger ones. As I move forward in life, so will everyone else around me. That's the exciting part. It's a communal affair, and we're all supporting each other. Here's to the forward momentum of the new year!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment