Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Resolutions

My old master would give me a drill, I called it the GPS drill, where we would ask ourselves three main questions:

1) Where am I now?
2) Where do I want to go?
3) How do I get there?

I always ask these questions, but the thoughts are much deeper when it comes to the new years time. Tomorrow is the last day of 2011 and all I can say is GOOD RIDDANCE! I am so happy this year will be over. I had such a terrible year personally. I want to kiss it good bye! I am welcoming 2012 with open arms and ready to enter a new era! There will be a lot of great things happening and a lot of great new beginnings, which means new adventures.

I am moving out on January 1st, and this I am really excited for. With that comes a lot of new goals for me to taking control and responsibility to other aspects of my life. As far as business goes I have a lot of great goals and new programs I will be doing in the new year for martial arts purposes, fitness purposes, and healing purposes. I will be teaching Tang Soo Do forms and Shotokan Karate forms, along with new weapons curriculum, and I am hoping to learn and be able to teach Songham Taewondo style forms. In fitness I may be incorporaing p90x and insanity workouts in new classes, and I may be able to help people with their personal goals through other means. All good things!

My training is going to be a big one. New routines, new schedule, new curriculum for myself, a lot of mentor time with the five mentors. I have Professor Lisa Sargese who has mapped out a completely, well balanced and well rounded mental training curriculum which she has set forth for me toward my mastership. Master Peter Bardatsos has me sparring again, competing again, and giving me the opportunity to transform my sparring to advanced level to elite level! Master Samuel DeJesus will be teaching me different arts of self-defense and giving me the ability to learn arts such as Hapkido and Krav Maga. Charlene will be making sure I am keeping good care f my body and pushing my fitness levels to master trainer level, and Master Kevin Balon will make sure my technique and goals will be met by the time he gives me his test in June.

I am going to take control of my sleeping and eating habits once again this year to be a better me. I am going to not only work and train but find some "me" time and do things that make me happy like taking pictures, watching movies, making day-cations to the city once in a while and things like that. I am going to complete some personal projects like my books for example! Make some good progress with that! I am going to continue competing, and coaching in Taekwondo. 

Bottom line, I am going to bring myself to the next level of my life with the beginning of a new era. I have wonderful mentors, fantastic friends, and a supportive family. And on top of all that, I have drive. I have ambition. I have Qi! This is what is going to make this year different and better beyond all others! This is going to be my year. I intend to seeing that through. This is my master year! 2012, look out, Trento is coming!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment