Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Curse of Grudges

Grudges. Judgments. These are the things that hold people back from learning to love. I don't necessarily mean romantically, but anyone who has experience in positive thinking, self-esteem, and self-help they will all tell you all good things stem from the power of love. Loving your relationships with people, loving how you live your life, loving the experiences you have, loving the food you eat, loving the activities you do, love is the highest frequency someone can be on.

Having the capacity of love also prevents you from doing wrong to people. You never have the intention of hurting people and will never go out of your way to sabotage others. I have seen it happen and continue to see it happen all the time. People who lack the capacity to have love in their hearts are the ones who are quick to judge, label, and hold grudges.

We all have done this in one way or another in our lives, but as we get older we do mature and learn to love and know better. We grow up to be good people. We should never wish harm on others, nor should we ever put our effort into hurting others. But then there are some people who thrive on it. They want to be fed so they create more to feed on. Nine out of ten times, it is totally unfair because it not only hurts their target, but the ones around them.

As a master in training, it is my wish to teach people, not only in martial arts, but all I come in contact with to learn how to project good energy, even to those who may have done you wrong. We cannot make quick judgments on people and put labels on others! We have no right to do so! "Oh she is a party girl." "Oh he's a meat-head." "Oh she's a tramp." "Oh he's gay." "Oh she is a drama queen." "Oh he's a player." And these judgments come from usually initial meetings and confrontations. That is not right to do. You don't have a PhD to analyze otherwise.

But the worse of all the curses, which evil thrives on, are the grudges. Holding ill feelings of resentment against someone. Holding a grudge is like carrying a large heavy box on your back at all times. It is heavy, it hurts, and it slows you down. You don't even realize the weight on your back. It sometimes gets so heavy you holds you in place and you get STUCK! I never held a grudge against anybody until recently. I am slowly getting over it, knowing why holding grudges are more damaging to myself to the person I hold it against, but oh my gosh. Holding a grudge is probably the worst thing you can do to YOURSELF!

This grudge I have held has been more damaging and destroyed me than the other person. So I have let go, maybe not forgiven yet, and I will get there. But I saw first hand what a grudge can do to you. So I can only imagine the people out in the world who hold SEVERAL grudges over their entire lives! I pity them and only hope they can find true release so they can have a fuller capacity to love and see that life does not have to be all that bad, and there really is a lot more good in people in the world. Some may say I am a hopeless romantic, but I have learned never to lose hope. Someone told me HOPE stands for Hold On Possibilities Exist!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment