Friday, November 18, 2011

Happiness

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulders..."
-Thoreau
I read some of my first few blogs from July, and I was very motivated and determined. But at the same time, I was very depressed and unsure. I dealt with a lot of trauma and changes this year, a lot of hurt, and felt stuck. I look at where five months has gotten me. I am very happy. This is my check point.

When a leader moves forward with their lives, so does everyone else. I have made great strides to moving forward and have had a lot of success at doing it. I said I would compete again, I did two competitions. I said I would work with my mental training mentor, Lisa, and I have. I said I would get onto a routine, I am building. I said I would make a competition team at TMAFC, I have. I said I wanted to learn newer forms, and I have. 

Whenever I say I would do something, I have always done it. I don't give myself enough credit on that sometimes. It may even come as a comfort if I were to remember that when taking the right steps. But you wanna know what the greatest part of moving forward is? Being happy about it =) . The feelings that come along with it.

Last week, I had an awesome sparring match, met with a mentor, had a surprise visit and gift from my soon-to-be master on the anniversary of my schism with the old, I had a few challenges along the way but have responded well and found solutions, this makes me happy. Now this week I have taught, what I believe, have been some pretty awesome classes. As I get better in my training, and I continue to learn so do my students. Children, teenagers, and adults like. I am confident in what I know and portray it in a way where others benefit and hear what I have to say. They see results quicker, they are excited about the progress or direction they are going. That is what it is all about.

But energy. Phew! ENERGY! Such a real thing. To build up the energy in this school, it is absolutely amazing. I had a group of students practice for their competition this Sunday (which I am too old to do -__-) and the energy was amazing. Not only their working out, but their comradeship. They were supportive, they were helping each other out, they were kidding around with each other, they were having fun while working hard! OPTIMUM BALANCE! I couldn't have been more proud. The day before that, two of my teenage boys were working out together (on their own account--admirable sigh), and when I did the ending game with the kddies, they jumped in with them to help out, having just as much fun. GOOD ENERGY! It was family.
I tear up, like the little baby I am, because I remember three years ago when this was just an idea. Just a picture in my head. I had six die-hards that worked with me three times a week for 6 hours, in HOPE we one day will have a school to do it in, like everyone else. I take a step back like I did yesterday and the day before, and here are a few of them enjoying the company of these "newbies" sharing good Qi and it overflowing with a group of 13 children. It is still sometimes so surreal. It is almost like it used to be...almost...a few nicks and crannies to work out...and then it'll be even BETTER!!!

When we work hard at being happy, it runs away and avoids us. When we focus on just what we need to do and let ourselves move forward, then happiness finds us when we least expect it. I did say, a true master can find happiness, despite the circumstances and that is what I shall do. I said that five months ago, remember? Well guess what. I'm feeling pretty damn happy =D. (BOWS)

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment