Monday, November 28, 2011

The Toxic CD

Four years ago, when I taught at my old martial arts school, I used to teach not only the martial arts classes but I got to teach some of the fitness classes as well. And whenever I taught a very heavy, difficult class, or when I did a major warm up or conditioning class for the martial arts students, there was one CD I used to ALWAYS use. It was a very fast CD with a few songs that really had an upbeat sound and whenever I played the CD, the students knew they were in trouble.

The first song on the playlist was a version of Britney Spear's song Toxic. The second they heard the first beat of the song, the kids were roll their eyes and exclaim "OH NO" because they knew they were in for a helluva workout! Well one of the things I missed when I left my old school three years ago was that very CD. When I began teaching at the gym, I only had one Cd I always would use until Charlene gave me a few and then I was able to make copies from other trainers, etc. I actually had a Michael Jackson one I used to use and a friend of mine got it on Itunes and burned me a CD of it.

When she did that, I thought maybe, just maybe I could find that old Toxic CD. That's not what it was called, but these workout CDs have no real names and there have several volumes, like 40 or 70 per. I remember being in my apartment, Googling and researching, trying to find this CD. I had no luck. I tried for a very long time looking for this CD. Some other songs in there were You're So Vain, Mad World, Footloose, etc. It's been three years, and I still could not find this CD.

But I know the law of attraction! And I was going to put energy into finding this CD. I kept saying and verbalizing to everyone who knew of my little quest to finding the Toxic CD "I WILL find this CD." Well it's over a year and a half after I opened TMAFC and I still couldn't find it. Well a few weeks ago, for no particular reason at all, I began looking for the CD again. It has been four years since I have used this CD. I then put myself to the test. I told everyone that I WAS going to find and get this CD and when they heard TOXIC that they knew they were in trouble!

Well lo and behold, I found the CD after a few days! I had the name of it, the playlist was exactly what I remembered, so I looked further into how to buy it. I went on Amazon.com and it was sold out. Then I found the manufacturer site and couldn't find it, called them up and they told me it was discontinued. I could not find it used anywhere, then I found an Italian site where I could buy it from Italy but was afraid it'd be in Italian. So I then found it being sold at a United Kingdom site, but they wouldn't ship to the United States!

So I told my friend Dawn about this progress and my challenges in finding the Toxic CD. She has been doing kickboxing with me for the longest time and remembers when I used to use that CD. When I told her about the U CD, she told me she has a cousin who lives there and maybe HE can buy it and send it to us! A SOLUTION! LOVE IT! I was so excited and it looked as if the cousin could do it. But when it took so long, he called up and found out that is became sold out and was credited back his money -____-. SO back to the drawing board. but the beauty of having people who want things to happen as bad as you, you gain good energy!

Dawn kept looking on and she found the CD on Amazon.uk! She thought, Ah what the heck! She bought it and supposedly it was sent. We kept our fingers crossed. I would bust her chops every day and ask if it came in yet. Her favorite song on the CD was Mad World and she told me she would say it was a mad world the day it comes in. Well last week Dawn came in and before I came could even bust her chops she said "It's gonna be a mad MAD world today!!!" She had the CD! After four years of looking, I had the Toxic CD in MY school once again to use. Well I played it for my kickboxing class that very night, and it brought back so many memories from year ago. I could imagine myself in my old school doing some of those old drills....its amazing how I felt like I was in those very moments.

What was really surreal was that I was hearing these songs in what was now my very own school. How funny things play out. I know it's silly, but using the law of attraction to bring this CD back into my life also attracted some good memories. And those memories have a good feel to them which will help bring forth new memories in a much better place. =D

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment