Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thank You Very Much

Uncle Tony at an Elvis Tribute concert in Jersey City
"A live concert is exciting for me because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on the stage. It is my favorite part of the business, live concerts."
-Elvis Presley, King of Rock

Almost thirty years ago, my Uncle Tony has been doing an Elvis tribute concert with my mother and my aunts. My mother, Uncle Tony, and their friend Annie all graduated high school together, and my aunt graduated a little later. But they all sang together in the Saddle Brook High School choir and select choir known as the Choraleers, under the direction of Chuck Broadhurst.

In the mid eighties, they began this Elvis tribute song, and have used a band named Sandy and the Wanderer's until later working with a band called Bill Turner and Blue Smoke. Bill Turner played for Billy Haley and the Comets and their trumpet player played with Elvis in his last tour. So you have a plethora of talent in this great show! And I had the privilege of growing up with these Elvis Shows. Each show is different but full of energy. They are fun, high energy, and you have such a great time! I used to want to share all these shows with anyone and everyone I could! They meant a lot to me growing up, and still do to this day. I could never get tired of seeing one of these shows, and I am their biggest fan. I always love watching my mother and aunts singing, and I think my uncle is even better than Elvis and not just because he's my uncle!

Well I did just that last night. I reserved a table for eight of us and brought a group of people to this show and we just had a fantastic time. We were thinking of doing it as a fundraiser at my school and I anted them to see a show. If we don't do it as a fundraiser, well we got a hell of a night out of it! We kept dancing and moving, just having so much fun. Because that is exactly what this show is: FUN! And whether there are 2 people in the audience of 200, my Uncle Tony gives you 100% energy no matter what, and I learned to do that when I teach my own classes. Whether I have 2 or 20, I give that same 100% energy!

My Uncle Tony is a very Christian man who had a near death experience when he was very young. He has always lived his life full of love and compassion in the name of Jesus Christ, and recently as ordained as a deacon in the Christian faith. How many deacons do you know that will shake their hips like he does? LOL! But what people have to know mot about my Uncle Tony is that he is one of the kindest, loving men to walk this earth. It is always a privilege to watch him perform, but even a greater privilege to have him as my Uncle. Besides his own family, I have always been the biggest fan. Thanks Uncle Tony! And God bless!
Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment