Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let me Be Happy!

I was working out with Charlene yesterday morning, and I have lost 10 pounds so far! I am thrilled! And after one month, I am feeling more energetic, more motivated, more ALIVE! I've been eating very healthy, not over eating, and these are all small victories for me and I am happy about it all! But people I share it with just cannot seem to be happy for me. Let me explain.

You can see the difference in the pictures of my face below from my 20th birthday to the face of my 21st birthday when I lost my weight the first time around. At 20 years old I was 180 pounds, not fat at all, but definitely heavier than I ever was before. I ate horribly, carbs and cheesecake, pasta and pizza, cookies, fried stuff, and fourth helpings. I was sluggish, slept very late, barely any energy, and not motivated to do anything, several broken agreements were made. After beig very disciplined in my training, eating, and sleeping habits, I lost 45 pounds and was a very HEALTHY 135 pounds.

Now I am not as big as I was when I was twenty, and I am still quite slim. But when I was 135, I was very tone, NEVER got sick, had muscle, slept well, full of energy, had motivation to get things done, and I was HAPPY! Above anything else I was HAPPY with myself on all ends. But people around me, from family to friends were not. 

"Ugh You're too skinny!"
"You look anorexic!"
"You must starve yourself!"
"You need to fatten up!"
"You look sickly!"

I hated it so much. I was NOT anorexic, I did not starve myself, that is not nice to say. I was NEVER sick and I was very healthy. I as talking to Charlene about this yesterday because now that I have lost just 10 pounds, it happens again with the people around me. Now Charlene used to do my assessments even then when I was working my butt off to get into the best shape of my life, she KNEW I was not sickly nor treating my body in any hurtful way. If she thought I needed to eat a different way, or thought I was damaging my body in any way, she would have said something and got me to change avenues of the direction I was going.

But I wasn't! Her take is that it's the "fat" people telling me I am too skinny because they are jealous they cannot lose weight. I'm not sure if that is all true, but I do know that people get used to how you look after a while and when you make drastic changes like I did, it is almost a shock and people don't know to take it. But what bothered me most was that NO ONE could understand, I was HEALTHY not only physically but MENTALLY! I was so happy with myself! I was full of energy, I was positive, and the more motivated I got myself, the more motivated I got other people.

I have a friend who went through the same thing. She lost a lot of weight and was 102 pounds. She was very short but worked her butt off. She was a good student, and also a client of Charlene's. When you have a good student like her and I, you get results because you LISTEN and not cheat! People would do the same thing to her about the anorexic comments and you're too skinny in a disgusted tone.

Let me ask you this!! Why is it rude to call someone fat, but okay to call them skinny? Why is there any difference? So it's rude to say "You're fat," "You must eat everything in sight," "You look like Santa Claus," "You need to lose weight," etc. But it's okay to call someone skinny, looking anorexic, must starve yourself, and need to fatten up? That is MALARKEY!

Here is my advice. No one should have the right to point fingers at anyone PERIOD. No one should be describing another physically at all. That is part of making judgments that I do not like. People have feelings, and despite your views, if you know it hurts a person's feeling, why continue? Who care WHY, you know it DOES, so STOP. Yes I have lost 10 pounds. I am more motivated and energetic and getting things done more than I have done in the last 10 months to a year. I am happy. So LET ME BE HAPPY!

               
My 20th Birthday -- 180 pounds (unhappy)
My 21st Birthday -- 135 pounds (happy)
         
Yours in service,
A TRENTO


No comments:

Post a Comment