Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Christmas Memories Book

My Aunt Lisa had this red Christmas Memories book that for 20 years, she would have everyone on Christmas eve and/or day write in. People would write a little memory from that day of the year, or a message to my Aunt Lisa, or just a basic merry Christmas wish. I loved writing in her book every year and it was fun to go back to the older years from when I was born or a baby, or even the years BEFORE I was born.

In the book would be my great grandparents handwriting and great-great aunts' handwriting and messages from my Uncle Bob, who passed away, and it was like going back through time. And the people who were no longer with us, they're spirit in Christmas was still alive, and their voices were heard from the past. And I also liked seeing all the cousins and siblings first Christmas's and so on, and how ever year we did the fish dinner, and what friends joined us for what year etc.

When Aunt Lisa finished her 20 years in the book, she bought me my OWN Christmas Memories book. So she covered the first 20 years, i got the second 20. So I have been doing this since 2006. I go back and laugh seeing my cousin Elliot's first Christmas as a baby, and my cousin David who is now 7, how he knows how to write now, and aunts and friends who were with us some years, and people writing memories that we would forget like when it felt like summer one year, or it snowed one year, or how Nonna Olegna gave heavy duty massage on year, or how cousin Anthony had played piano for us one year, it was a time capsule for sure.

So once again, it was that time again to bring the book out! It is always fun to hand it around and have people write in it, and read from past years. I can only imagine when we get half way through it. I cannot believe this is the sixth year I've done this book already! How time flies. Always treasure your Christmas traditions and hold onto the good memories! Merry Christmas!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said...Hold on and treasure you Christmas traditions.
    Merry Christmas and keep adding to those wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete