Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Do What Makes You YOU

Lisa recently bought a new camera and has started what she calls "Photo Project Alpha." So I ripped off from her idea for my own photo projects and dubbed it "Photo Project Omega." But my photo project has a few different purposes behind it. One of those purposes is actually a homework assignment given to me by Lisa and a promise I made to her.

For years, as long as I could remember, I ALWAYS took pictures. It was something I just LOVED to do. When I was younger I would be thrilled to organize and fix up my mother's or grandparent's albums. Then When I was 11 or 12 years old I got a 32mm camera and would develop film ALL THE TIME. When I was 16, I already had dozens of albums of my own. And I mean DOZENS. It is something that made me happy and I loved doing. I could go on a vacation and not need to buy one souvenir because my TRUE souvenirs were the pictures I got developed.

When I was 15 I got my first digital camera. It was a 2 megapixel camera with a card that allowed me to take 150 pictures. WOW!!!! More than 25? Awesome! Well of course I filled up the card EVERY TIME! And I would take pictures of everything. I loved having pictures of my friends and family members. I also loved taking random pictures no one would pose for, because I caught wonderful MOMENTS and would know the entire story behind it. When I was 17 I bought a Pentax for $150 and a memory card that allowed me to take up to 500 pictures. I began saving pictures and organizing them on an 8GB flashdrive. They were organized by Get Togethers, Holidays, Martial Arts, School, etc. Then I later got a 16 GB flash drive and organized them by year and month. I had EVERYTHING, then a new Cannon camera that allowed me to take up to 700 photos at 10 megapixels!

Then the days of Facebook came and I uploaded my "albums" and did by each month of the year. I had them not only on my flashdrive but on my Facebook. SO Lisa loved looking at my pictures. But she noticed I did NOTHING for the year 2011. Well when I went through some traumatic experiences earlier in the year, I stopped doing a lot of things that I loved to do. I stopped listening to certain music, watching certain TV shows and movies, and I stopped taking pictures. I wrote a blog before about keeping the essence alive in the things you love to do and not let anything take away from doing the things that make you YOU. Well that is what happened to me nine months ago, and I am taking the proper steps to rekindle the essence of many things, and this is a biggie for me.

So finally, I got this 32 GB flashdrive to put any 2011 pictures of things I have done this year and begin Photo Project Omega. I made a HUGE dent Sunday by uploading 2,000 photos. But I am still waiting on January pictures, belt test pictures from TMAFC, and other random pictures that I KNOW are out there, and want. This represents more than you know for me. To be able to catch up on these pictures and do what I used to ALWAYS do, and then continue with it, it is very important to me. I am keeping my promise to Lisa, I am also not allowing negative experiences from holding me back to doing things that make me who I am, and I am keeping the essence alive in the things I love to do.

Once I am caught up, and fly by through November and December, I am finally going to take out my brand new camera out of the box that I got LAST December, and once I find me new 8GB memory card that I lost -_____- that will allow me to hold over a thousand pictures or more on it, I am going to continue with the photo projects. You heard it here first!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

1 comment: