Monday, October 3, 2011

Oh Well

I am exhausted! I was in LBI this weekend, which is one of the few things I do for myself. SO, even though we had our first competition smack in the middle of it, I went down Saturday, left early Sunday missing the Chowder Fest (first time in 9 yrs) and went back late Sunday night. The plan was to stay Sunday overnight, spend the day Monday relaxing and enjoying myself, and come home Tuesday morning.

All my arrangements were set! Or so I thought. I get a text at 1:30 from the instructor who was supposed to teach my fitness class they cannot make it. I spend the rest of my afternoon calling people to see if they can cover. I went through nine different trainers. NONE of them could cover. So I left LBI 4:30 to make it to my class that night and taught it myself.

I guess these things happen when you run your own business. But I even missed my brother's high school graduation because NO ONE could cover for me. I can't just close, I have paying customers who expect my services, and many who I have that could be understanding, there will be just as many who won't, nor do they have to.

But I remember when I was teaching at the gym years ago, I had three classes I would teach a week, but I would teach sometimes 6-8 classes a week, because I covered for all these people who couldn't cover. So when I really need help and people to cover, I cannot find ANYONE. Some of legitimate reasons, and others, I roll my eyes. 

Some things you cannot help. I gotta realize there are worse things in the world. When things like this happen, I cannot get angry or even disappointed. These things do happen. So with that being said, I throw up my arms and say "Oh well!"

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

1 comment: