Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Clause to the Push Up Goal

So the other night, my mentor Charlene came to one of my cardio kickboxing classes. We talked for a little while about the progress I was making, and she said I was looking good and we discussed the push ups. I told her how my push up goals were to do some of the difficult push ups that I had to do with her but in several sets. Now she knows I absolutely HATE push ups. This is one of the reasons why I MUST do this. I need to confront the things I don't like, master them, as if they were something I LOVED. It is applying the lesson of changing the way you look at things and the things you look at will change.

Well that is the goal underneath the goal. But being the true mentor Charlene is to me in the area of fitness, representing momentum for me, she always knows how to push the envelope. Even during the times I feel like I created the struggle, Charlene knew how to push me. So ultimately there were five different push ups I can do 25 reps of each. I wanted to build up to 30 and later 50 and then LATER three sets of 50. First off, Charlene wanted to ADD another push up to that arsenal, which would be the push up and spring up into a clap and land back on the floor. -____________- Yes ma'am.

Then she told me, "Don't do three sets of fifty. Just strive for 100 straight. It's harder." So 100 straight reps is more difficult than three sets of 50. A more difficult challenge. Well, challenge accepted. And when she told me this, a little twinge came over me, which is why I know even more so I have to do this. And it puts a fire under my butt to move on also. I'm still building up to the routine I want to get into. But I have a deadline. Nine months until my Masters test! So now I put the pedal to the medal!

So once again, for the record: My push up goals are to build up to 100 reps of 6 different types of push ups. I can 25 now, a quarter of the way there! I want to be able to build up by reps of ten, up to the 100 reps each. You heard it here first!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment