Thursday, October 13, 2011

Versions of the Truth

(Watch 1:50 and on as the most important part of this video)

A few days ago, the movie Something's Gotta Give was on television with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson. Jack Nicholson is an older man who gets around with younger women, and Diane Keaton is a control freak successful play writer. Nicholson was going out with Keaton's younger daughter and later has a heart issue and Keaton ends up taking care of him and they fall in love. That's the basis of the movie, I didn't give anything away.

After they fall in love and both character's lives been turned upside down, Diane Keaton's character runs into Nicholson's character taking another young woman out to dinner and is caught and she becomes heart broken. He chases after her as you can see in the clip. But one line absolutely cracks me up, but also gets me thinking: I have never lied to you. I have always told you some VERSION of the truth!

VERSION of the truth? Diane Keaton states it perfectly: The truth doesn't have VERSIONS! I couldn't have said it any better myself. THE TRUTH DOESN'T HAVE ANY VERSIONS! People may have versions to a situation but the truth is the truth! Enough said! I am always fighting for the truth. I never make an opinion, a judgment, or decision without  knowing the TRUTH of a situation, circumstance, or person. Sometimes, being human, I may have initial reaction or emotion about something, but I do put the work in to seeking the truth and I find it. I do not lose hope, and I NEVER give up on finding it. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but I always ALWAYS find it.

Some people need to figure out their purpose in life, or find the purpose they choose for their life. Part of mine is seeking truth. The situation that hurt me very badly over half a year ago was based on a lot of lies, deceit, and a few "versions" of the truth. Facts altered, left out, or lied about. And the people who believe in those VERSIONS are the ones who keep repercussions alive or are stuck on the lies. I read a quote today that stated "If your priority is the past, there you will stay. Make changes, not excuses!" Ain't that the truth! How many people do we know will find reasons to back up their stories or refuse to hear anything that may steer them away from finding the truth because they only want to know what they know?

As a master in training, a life lesson to being the candle is this: do not create versions of the truth, nor feed into versions to the truth. Through patience, compassion, and understanding, you will always find the truth. And when you find the truth, hold onto it and act from there. Successful people are not influenced by opinions and will reach the truth promptly. Truth equals light!

"I think a man's duty is to find out where the truth is, or if he cannot, at least to take the best possible human doctrine and the hardest to disprove, and to ride on this like a raft on the waters of life."
-PLATO

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment