Friday, October 28, 2011

My Talk

Last night I did a talk at Lisa Sargese's class at Montclair State University. The talk was called The Secret to The Secret: Does the Law of Attraction Really Work? I did not prepare, didn't set an outline, and did not set any guidelines to follow. I purposely did this for a few different reasons. I wanted to apply the notion that I am being taught by my spirit mentor, Lisa, which is to LET SPIRIT GUIDE YOU. I have always thought at a higher level, but do I listen to my higher self? A true master can do so.

I really wanted this to be a talk that came from the heart. So as always, in front of 100 people, I put myself in the position where I really needed to be on my toes and focus on putting everything together, based on the confidence that i KNEW what I was talking about and believed in so much. My old master and I had a big disagreement when it came to talking to people, and believe it or not, my beliefs came from Lisa when I was back in her class in 2008. She told me "Information does not move people. Emotions move people." And that is exactly what I did. And that is what made my old master and I different, among many other things.

Two of my Black Belts joined me and I was most grateful that they were there. For one thing, I believe these two in particular could benefit greatly from the material, and I knew they would represent very well. At one point, I had them demonstrate a few forms and kicking combination to demonstrate focus and intensity. I knew having FEMALE warriors perform in Lisa's class would be the greatest treat for my mentor!

I did my very best during this talk and really tried to get the point of The Secret across to them and share what I have done with it and how they can do the same. But I have to say, I think one of the greatest moments last night was meeting my mentor's mentor!! I had the privilege of meeting Esmilda Abreu, who Lisa calls her master. I of course was in awe because there were four generations of mentorship in the same room! from Esmilda, to Lisa, to me, to my two girls. It was something I have great and deep respect and appreciation for. 


Many of Lisa's students came up to me giving me hugs and strong handshakes with smiles, telling me how "blessed" they were and inspired by my talk. Some had tears of gratitude, some with big smiles, I was so touched by the effect. It's funny, because sometimes you doubt how much of an affect you really have on the people you speak to. I felt validated in what I was talking about, and proud that the message came across loud and clear. Thank you spirit!


But I think the greatest compliment, and of course she has said this to me before, but she spoke in front of 100 people, was from Lisa. She calls me "the genuine article." We both live our lives the best we can and to apply all that we know, living at a higher level and pushing ourselves to better ourselves and help better others. We share in abundance! How often can you find a true genuine article? Let alone, the rarity of having TWO genuine articles?? I know Lisa is the real deal and I saw it from DAY ONE in her class 3 and a half years ago. And it is with the utmost gratitude to have that said to me by my mentor. Thank you Lisa Sargese!


Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment